Mihoba Fantasy Baseball League

Ok.

I get that ā€œIā€™ll need itā€ is an opinion and not a justification. Kudos for acquiring Ohtani. I forgot how the agreement that the hitter and pitcher must stay on the same team came about.

When is the deadline for setting keepers? I need to assess an injury

1 Like

That is a strong line-up.

Pretty sure you were there at the time and it went something like this: ā€œI guess thatā€™s fine, I donā€™t care too much, I just think the serpentine draft is dumb.ā€

March 19th.

Thanks for the memories.

1 Like

I was trying to remember this morning what the deal is about breaking up the Ohtani ā€œduoā€, and I think whoever owns Ohtani can release or trade either the pitcher or batter if they want to, which would cause the ā€œduoā€ to be sundered. So thatā€™s another aspect worth considering when thinking of Ohtani ownership: if he has a season or a half season in which he can hit but not pitch, say, youā€™d have to carry that inert Ohtani on your roster or risk never having him in all his glory again.

At least I think thatā€™s what we came up with.

1 Like

I donā€™t remember if I was in the league then, but itā€™s easy to forget that Ohtani was a real question mark when he came to MLB, and a lot of folks didnā€™t think the two-way thing would last at all (much less that heā€™d be a legit star both ways). If weā€™d all known going in that heā€™d hit and pitch like he does, maybe the keeper decision wouldā€™ve been different. But the risk was allocated based on what was known at the time, and it paid off for the owner who took him.

1 Like

Actually the owner who took him (ahem) cut him a year or two later, then everyone passed for five rounds before Jared picked him up.

Heā€™s the greatest baseball player of all time and a total unicorn. All the weirdness and advantages and risks make sense to me.

3 Likes

Yes, part of the deal is you must roster both players no matter whatā€¦even if one is not playing (there was a season he didnā€™t pitch). I believe he was dropped that season bc heā€™d had TJ I think. I drafted him prior to the following season.

2 Likes

I think maybe that Babe Ruth guy was possibly Ohtanoā€™s equal.

So by my count, we are waiting on keeper declarations from @austro and @Wilddog. Please make your selections, folks.

Keepers for Berkmanā€™s Revenge (tentative, I may yet change my waffling mind before Sunday):

Freddie Freeman
Marcus Semien
J.T. Realmuto
Wander Franco
Julio Urias

2 Likes

Wild Dog keepers: Yordan Alvarez Jazz Chisholm Luis Robert. Christian Javier Spencer Strider

2 Likes

Thank you!

Changed out Rodon for Kyle Wright.

Cole
Wheeler
Gausman
Gimenez
Wright

Are my 5 keepers

Everyone, please input your five keepers on your teamā€™s yahoo page by this Sunday, March 19.

Just go the yahoo league from a desktop, click on your team, and their should be a note at the top from Yahoo asking you to select your keepers.

Also, since we are drafting on a Sunday (March 26), would the group prefer an afternoon time (between 3-4 PM central time) or an evening time (7 PM central time or later?

Let us know your preference here.

Being in the Eastern Time Zone my only preference would be for no later than 7 central if possible. Otherwise I can comfortably make any time work.