1 Like

Ball-Breakers

Guerrero, Jr.
Bichette, Jr.
Varsho
Ohtani
Arozarena

Ohtani as a batter or a pitcher?

It doesnā€™t really matter as I get them both as previously agreed upon. The 2nd Ohtani becomes my last draft pick.

Iā€™m keeping:

SS/3B Bobby Witt Jr.
C Adley Rutschman
SP Dylan Cease
SP Luis Castillo
RP Devin Williams.

Iā€™m not debating or arguing that its the agreement

But that is a hell of a last draft pick.

1 Like

Iā€™ll need it as my keepers as a whole arenā€™t very good in comparison to many of the groups Iā€™ve seen posted before me.

Rex Bagelman:

Juan Soto
Trea Turner
Aaron Judge
Rafael Devers
Corbin Burnes

ā€¦tentatively.

I didnā€™t realize that was an agreement. Seems like a rule change we would have voted on, but in any case, it would be useful to know for people picking in front of you.

It precedes your membership in the league, Neil, but has been in effect since Ohtani entered the league.

1 Like

I think DVauthrin will be able to make one of the Ohtaniā€™s a keeper and then will be able to slot in the last Ohtani as my last pick prior to draft. Not 100% on this, but pretty sure. Will let him weigh in.

Seems like he ought to be the first non-keeper pick rather than the last, but whatever.

Just for the record I am not complaining about a rule that predates my membership.

I was just making a comment as a socially active member of the league.

It is what it is.

Itā€™s something we can discuss during the season.

It may seem unfair but this is what was agreed upon by all league members the year he came into MLB. The year I drafted him he was drafted in the 6th round, meaning every team had at least 5 chances to get him before I took him.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. Itā€™s nuts.

IIRC, heā€™s the 25th pick because it was considered a flaw in the Yahoo system (and I think this is still true) that he is considered two players at all. The Angels donā€™t have to spend two roster spots on himā€”neither should we. Since Yahoo makes us, it seemed only fair to sacrifice for that slot the least valuable draft pick.

@DVauthrin what say you throw out a date for us during the regular season to bring up measures that have a majority support for a vote?

That argument makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

A vote for what?

I am saying, if a majority of owners have agreed that a particular measure deserves a vote for implementation or rejection, it would be helpful to have a deadline during the regular season for bringing them.