Mihoba Fantasy Baseball League

I agree with Chase, FWIW. NL pitchers pre-DH hit a whole helluva lot more than Lorenzen has in the last five years, and they didn’t take up second roster spots. I know that’s an inexact parallel, but…

If he were to suddenly start being employed regularly as a hitter, couldn’t we revisit the requirement?

The rule wasn’t only made for Ohtani (though he is obviously the biggest and most notable two-way player). It applies to all two-way players. Second, I am one of three co-commissioners, which include @BillyD and @Ron_Brand. I am not unilaterally doing anything.

I have brought up the point @Doyce7 made about Lorenzen’s at bats in the last four seasons to the other two co-commissioners. If we decide to say that Lorenzen can be rostered only as a pitcher, we will let you know and add him to your roster.

As I stated earlier, based on the fact Lorenzen has two total at bats in the last four seasons, Yahoo should probably remove his hitter designation. Unfortunately, they have not.

I understand the points raised by others in the league about this issue, but at this time, our current policy regarding two-way players applies to Lorenzen.

1 Like

Gotcha. Trust me, I’m not dying to have him lol. Just figured I’d put my 2 cents. And I should have said as ‘a’ commissioner. I know you’re not the sole commish and wouldn’t want you to make a decision on your own. But thanks for the explanation.

You’re fine, Chase, and I’m happy you are part of our league and hope you enjoy it. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me, @BillyD or @Ron_Brand and we will try to answer them as best we can.

I’m just being as open and transparent as possible. While I personally agree that Lorenzen should be classified as a pitcher only (shame on Yahoo for not adjusting him), as a co-commissioner, I have to follow our proper league process to evaluate this situation and decide how to proceed.

I wouldn’t expect a decision to take long.

2 Likes

Reminder: For those with Dodgers and Padres’ players, please have them players in your active lineup today as Yahoo is going to copy today’s lineup and that will be your lineup for the games on March 20, 21, 28, 29, 30 and 31.

Also, concerning Michael Lorenzen. @BillyD, @Ron_Brand and myself understand and respect the argument that Lorenzen has had two total plate appearances since 2020, and he should really only have SP eligibility in Yahoo’s system. To that end, I have reached out to Yahoo Fantasy’s twitter handle and submitted an online help ticket about the issue and am awaiting a response. Finally, the three of us are going to think about the idea of implementing a minimum threshold of plate appearances or innings pitched for someone not injured to determine whether they qualify as a two-way player. If there is enough interest (half the league or more) around adjusting how we handle two-way player eligibility, we can vote on the issue.

However, at this point in time, we are still going to treat him as a two-way player and therefore, anyone who wants to own him must own his hitter version, too.

3 Likes

So when I check my lineup from yesterday, it benched Detmers, I had him in my lineup all day. My points total for Sunday is wack. Anyone else? Probably just a temporary glitch, but just voicing the issue.

The points change column in the standings seems wrong. Still spring training for the Yahoo tech team.

1 Like

Today was the day that the retroactive points were processed for those with Dodgers and Padres players playing in the Korea games. So whatever your lineup was yesterday will be your lineup every day for the first six days of the season.

That’s why point totals for yesterday are messed up. I’m not sure why Detmers didn’t score you points, @Tralfaz, because if Yahoo used the lineup from Saturday as your lineup for all six days, I would have an extra 28 points from Zach Littell.

My apologies.

I looked and Yahoo will re run the retroactive stats for all games played if we pick a different date between April 3-7. For example, if we pick April 3, everyone needs to have their most optimal lineup construction for all games played between March 20 and April 2 set. Whatever your starting lineup is April 2 is what points you will receive for all six days.

Do we want to do that and let everyone set tomorrow’s lineup as their most optimal lineup for those six days? Or, just leave things as is and accept losing some points.

Was hoping it was just an April Fools joke, but will go with whatever the majority prefers, or causes the least amount of chaos. Looks like yahoo just used my Saturday lineup. I made my changes Sunday morning, but they didn’t stick.

Tralfaz should get his points.

1 Like

I don’t disagree, but, unfortunately, this is a Yahoo issue and out of a commissioner’s control. I can’t just add points to teams.

Here is what I am going to do:

I’m going to have Yahoo re-run the retroactive points for all games on March 20, 21, 28, 29, 30, 31, 1 and 2 on Wednesday morning (2 AM central time) April 3.

Everyone, please set your optimal hitting and pitching lineups for the first eight days of the season today and tomorrow (just to be safe). I will look at everyone’s lineups today and tomorrow and double check, too.

Please see the attached screenshot with details from Yahoo on what to do.

Manfred would find a way

2 Likes

Appreciate the effort, all good however it goes. I will surly leave umpteen good starts on my bench anyway.

1 Like

Everyone,

Tomorrow morning, Yahoo will re-run our retroactive stats counting all games played starting March 20 through tonight.

If you notice injured guys in your starting lineups (Josh Jung or Justin Steele), or SP’s starting in P spots where your an active reliever might normally start, it’s because those players scored you the highest number of points by a significant margin over the other options (meaning a good game tonight by a healthy or active player wouldn’t likely make up the difference.)

Tonight’s active lineup is your lineup for all games between March 20 and April 2. This is the last time I’m attempting to have Yahoo get our retroactive stats as close to accurate as possible.

Starting tomorrow, you can adjust your lineups on a daily basis as usual.

Thanks, as always, for taking care of issues like this. Just to make sure I understand—do we need to do any lineup re-setting to make this work?

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to do anything. I’ve gone through every team’s individual players total points for the season and optimized lineups within reason.

This way, owners don’t lose a lot of points from starting pitchers who won their first start but don’t pitch tonight. (Jordan Hicks or Brandon Pfaadt on @Wilddog’s team, for example). Or in the case of Josh Jung, after last night he had 34 points, which is much higher than anyone on @Redstormrising’s bench, so that’s why he’s starting tonight despite being on the IL. Same with Justin Steele on his pitching staff.

Tomorrow and moving forward, everything functions as normal, with everyone able to make daily adjustments.

2 Likes

Perfect. Thanks!

1 Like