Marineros @ Los Astros, Cinco de Mayo, 2024

Caught looking at ball 5.

Yainer finally shows a little plate discipline and gets punished for it.

1 Like

Taking the bat right out his hands

It sucks for any hitter, but especially for a guy trying to become more patient.

1 Like

If he sees anything mechanics wise, he can let the pitcher know. But, at times, it can help to just let the pitcher catch his breath and slow his process down for a second.

It’s a pitcher’s fault why they can’t consistently command their pitches. But, I maintain there is value in letting a struggling pitcher have a reset for a second in hopes that can help him slow things down and lower his heart rate in the middle of a stressful inning.

1 Like

Hard to hit when the umpire doesn’t what a strikezone is, much less the location of the fucking thing

It’s the second inning. Is Brown tuckered out already? This is 100% on Brown. He either has to learn to pitch at this level or he needs to go work at Sears.

1 Like

Middle of three…2-0 Mariners

Astros go weakly in the third. 2-0 Ms

The last 12 innings, the Astros have one base hit out of the infield. That was erased on a double play the next hitter.

2-out walk

Rojas takes 2B rather easily.

I know they like to talk about “5 and dive” starters these days but Brown is 4, no more.

1 Like

Now wild pitch sends Rojas to 3B

Middle of four…2-0 Mariners

I’m gonna go make a margarita.

Bregman with an infield single. That’s four out of the last five Astro hits that haven’t passed an infielder.

And Peña immediately bounces into a FC on the next pitch.

2-0

The Astros are not exactly an offensive juggernaut.

The Astros may not score again in May.