Marineros @ Los Astros, Cinco de Mayo, 2024

Hard to bitch about Bregman at the plate today

Yeah, an inning ending GIDP with two on and a seeing eye infield roller is about as good as we can expect from the cleanup hitter.

1 Like

That’s it for Brown

1 Like

Martinez in, one on, one out…

Martinez drills the first batter he faces.

Yeah buddy, just a routine 101 mph diving stop groundball DP in the first…

“Not very lively in here right now” says Bagwell.

Not sure whether he means the crowd, the team, or both.

1 Like

The GZ

Third baseman made a nice play to his glove side, but it’s not like the ball was hit particularly hard or it was a spectacular play. But I get it…people will defend Bregman till the ends of the earth. I don’t see it, but it is what it is. He’s viewed as a superstar, irrespective of his performance, or how little he delivers.

That ain’t me that you’re talking about, I just said he’s not particularly the problem at the plate today: he’s got the hardest hit ball, didn’t work out, and a base hit

I understand Hyperbole Hudson, so let’s be ok with all that.

No, no, no…Bregman is carrying this team. That’s why he’s hitting cleanup, despite the lowest OPS in the team.

1 Like

3-0, turn out the lights.

1 Like

Montero in, serves up a meatball. 3-0

Do you think one single person around here thinks that? Seriously?

2 Likes

They already scored this weekend. You expect too much.

Monterrible.

I think people around here think Bregman is far better than he actually is. And if m gonna be accused of hyperbole, might as well get my money’s worth.

He was an MVP caliber player in 2019, and he’s been an above average to borderline all-star caliber player since 2020. He’s been terrible at the plate to start this season.

2-out triple on a ridiculously ill-advised dive by Loperfido.

Bagwell: “We’ve got plenty of firepower. We just need to get some zeros on the board from the pitching.”

I mean…