Marineros @ Los Astros, Cinco de Mayo, 2024

/taps the “HUNTER BROWN IS A RELIEVER” sign

You just cannot win a game Brown starts.

2 Likes

Had the 9-hitter down 0-2 and then walks him

1 Like

Single makes it 2-0. Bases still loaded, nobody out.

1 Like

Once Javier comes back, Brown has to go to Sugarland to figure his shit out

1 Like

Hunter Brown needs to figure out how to throw strikes. Yainer Diaz needs to start taking control as the starting catcher and go out and talk to his pitchers struggling with their command. If for no other reason, to let them catch their brearh.

2 Likes

Espada needs to stop running brown out there.

1 Like

Well, they did win his last start 10-9

I don’t disagree. But, Yainer shares some blame as far as I’m concerned. It’s like he’s allergic to mound visits.

Strikeout, double play

2-0 Mariners

Is it like O’Brien and time outs where he thinks they roll over to the next inning (half)?

It’s not Yainer’s fault Brown can’t throw a fucking strike. He’s a Major Leagie pitcher.

1 Like

Is he supposed to go visit 3 times an inning? Brown has to be a big boy and figure it out

2 Likes

Exactly. Of course a catcher has to help guide his pitcher, but he’d be out there every other hitter when Brown can’t the side of a fucking barn. This is 100% on Brown, not Diaz.

1 Like

Of course, not. Once in awhile would be sufficient. I can count on one hand the amount of times Yainer has gone out to talk to any Astros’ pitcher this year without a pitching coach present.

What do you think Diaz ought to tell him?

Brown hasn’t exactly left him any alternative

2 Likes

Man Diaz got royally fucked that at bat. “Strike” two was off the plate. “Strike” three was in the other batter’s box.

Brown’s had 8 batters down 0-2 or 1-2 and 4 of them have reached base

That was Angelesque