Lineup

Click is not going anywhere. He has worked his whole life to reach the position he is in now. Jobs running a baseball team don’t grow on trees, especially one that is already a winner

2 Likes

Everybody.

Deep breath.

It’s still not quite mid-August.

The trophies get handed out later.

4 Likes

My point is, Mr. Voice of Reason in a Troubled World, there will be no trophies for this team with one of its run producers sitting on the bench.

I know and I don’t like the lineups lately or Dusty’s comments yesterday.

But if this is the worst we deal with this August I’ll take it.

It would help Dusty out if they sent Dubon down when McCullers is activated. Does Dubon have options?

That would not help the team.

ETA: I am not interested in helping Dusty. What I would like is for Click to take device action in private to nip this situation in the bud.

I believe we’re maxed out on pitchers on the roster. The transaction will be either Abreu or Martinez to AAA, and Brantley to the 60 day.

Martinez sealed his fate yesterday, I think. Abreu has been up and down, but I think he survives.

No, it’s the main reason SF traded him.

Frankly, I’m fucking sick and tired of Dusty Baker.

His interviews are horrible, he rarely if ever actually answers any questions, and his stubborn bullshit if beyond stale to me.

3 Likes

Mark, I agree on all counts, but none of that is anything that matters to management

Oh I’m well aware. I’m just screaming in to the void because the void tends to agree with me.

4 Likes

Perhaps, but this is pretty bad because the GM and manager need to be in alignment. The Astros’ General Manager, James Click, made three good moves to help this team down the stretch. Baker is finding excuses to not play two of the players acquired, and one of them has contributed offensively on a fairly regular basis since joining the Astros. August is the time to integrate both Mancini and Vazquez because you want roles settled by the time September and October roll around.

Michael Brantley isn’t coming back this season and Baker needs to get it through his stubborn brain that Trey Mancini was acquired to be his replacement for the remainder of the year. That means playing LF at Minute Maid Park or smaller outfields, 1B to spell Gurriel, or being the DH most nights.

Christian Vazquez was acquired to reduce Maldonado’s heavy workload so Machete can be as fresh as possible come October. Now is the time to give him starts with every member of the rotation so you feel comfortable starting him no matter the situation.

5 Likes

He hasn’t been bashful about using Smith. Maybe Dusty has Mancini and Smith mixed up.

Guess who’s on the bench again today?

Mancini is Roy Hobbs, except that even after hitting the cover off the ball, and Bump crashing into the wall, he still can’t crack the lineup.

1 Like

This is Dusty showing everybody who is boss. This makes me angry and sick at his fucking stubborn stupidity.

5 Likes

Well, at least Chas is keeping him company on the bench and Vasquez is getting some playing time. Baby steps?

I am really at a loss. Baker is an idiot.

Since joining the Astros, Mancini is leading the team in RBI, despite the days off. And still can’t get on the field.

2 Likes