Lineup

This a contest between Baker and his lineup critics/questioners, but Baker has the pencil. Mancini is the pawn Baker uses to show everyone he is the boss.

This is the most damming thing Iā€™ve read in the last 2 weeks. And, Iā€™m keyed into politics.

Holy ****. He bowed down to Dusty. WTH?

Not much else he could say. Had to be diplomatic in that setting.

2 Likes

Meteorologists in the Deep State have to stay current.

1 Like

Honestly I think Click is a terrifically insightful and forthright communicator. I felt the same about Hinch.

I never felt that way about Luhnow.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think anyone has ever considered Luhnow a good communicator.

More Click

Youā€™d think this is the first time Mancini has ever played baseball. He has to be taught everything before he can be trusted. Maybe I am dreaming, but I thought he was successful with some other team before Houston.

Given his experience this far, I wonder if he would just as soon still be with some other team that is entering a real big series this weekend.

I doubt that.

I hope heā€™s less so off-camera.(guarded).

I donā€™t want to hear all of this bullshit about, ā€œwell we have the best record in the American League.ā€ That doesnā€™t mean a damn thing when the playoffs start. And the playoffs are a completely different animal. You are not facing teamā€™s third fourth and fifth starters in the rotation. Mancini needs to be in the lineup every damn day along with Yuli and Alvarez. They have about two months to figure out a way to make it happen. But having Mancini sit on the bench ainā€™t fixing the problem.

3 Likes

The fact that Mancini can play multiple positions just magnifies, to my thinking, the misuse of him.

3 Likes

Dubon with the cf nod, smh

Weā€™ll, it does mean when we play at home.

I bet he does that often.

It is time for Click to take control of the situation. If it isnā€™t already out of hand, itā€™s real close.

1 Like