Lineup

If what you mean is a come to jesus meeting, I’m not sure Dusty would listen.

If what you mean is a new manager, very little chance Crane would want the backlash from the national media

The first needs to happen asap, the second would probably be very beneficial

1 Like

I am talking a meeting with a directive given, not a dismissal. I think Dusty does a lot of things well, but this “who plays” issue is not one of them. Considering Mancini and Alvarez either-or, if he is, cannot be supported by baseball logic or reason. HH’s lineup is a great one.

2 Likes

I hope this happens. I just don’t see Dusty changing. The lineups have gotten a lot worse since he’s been away from the team imo so hopefully being around the team will help

I just…

1 Like

“He’ll find a way to play”

HE’S NOT ALLOWED TO JUST WANDER OUT ON TO THE FIELD, YOU HAVE TO INSERT HIM INTO THE LINEUP

3 Likes

The Meyers experiment continues unabated

James Click needs to have a conversation with Baker as soon as possible. Defense is important, but there is a way to field a good defensive team that gets Mancini in the lineup almost every day and Vazquez behind the plate roughly 40-50% of the time.

Click did not trade for them to mostly ride the bench.

He acts as if Mancini has forgotten how to play in the outfield. Maybe if we lose enough games he will start playing him.

Can’t play him with a ground ball pitcher. Can’t play him with a fly ball pitcher. Am I losing my mind?

What’s most infuriating about Dusty is how much I like him as a person and as a clubhouse presence. There was no guarantee that Hinch’s successor would be able to hold the team together after everything, Dusty’s done a great job of that. But good lord these decisions.

If Craig Biggio can play left, Mancini can certainly play left as long as his glove hand hasn’t been amputated.

2 Likes

Not to mention the message it sends Mancini.

4 Likes

THIS!! I hope he is not having second thoughts about his comments during the initial interview.

We need him to want to stay if his option is mutual.

Riding the pine because your manager doesn’t have confidence in you isn’t going to get it done for Mancini. The more I think about all of this, the madder I get.

3 Likes

OMG.

My preferred path forward: Win Dusty his crown this year. New GM in Detroit inserts his choice for manager. Astros pick up AJ. Not too much to ask. Just letting the universe know my preference.

Philippians 4:7

1 Like

He’ll decline the option even if he stays, there’s more money in signing a new contract. But your point is 10000% right—I can’t think of a worse way to try to keep him than the manager not trusting him enough to play every day. Madness. Madness.

Crane would never hire AJ.

I don’t think AJ would come back either

1 Like

Nothing is impossible for those that believe…

The prayers of the righteous availeth much…

Yadda, yadda…

1 Like

What I am saying is I do not believe. Crane made him a scapegoat and never would bring him back.