Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread

That really only matters if he turned around and used those valuations as some sort of basis for a loan or something, right? I mean, I could say that my house is worth $10M, and people would roll their eyes and call me crazy, but it’s not exactly a crime.

That’s exactly what he did. He used the inflated valuations to boost his net worth and receive favorable treatment for loans - either a better rate or getting one at all - all from which he profited.

He also used different (lower) valuations for tax purposes, and that’s what’s been referred to the SDNY and IRS for criminal prosecution.

The theme this week being that he can’t have his cake and eat it.

I went through this with a former boss at a real estate company in Houston. All I can say is being a whistleblower is not a fun experience, and anyone that does it, in any situation, has all my respect.

2 Likes

He doesn’t rape women. Raped women aren’t his type.

Bastard.

1 Like

As disgusting as that “defense” was, if you look at photos of E. Jean Carroll from around the time of the assault, she absolutely was his type.

As bad as the AG James announcement was today, Trump’s day actually managed to get worse.

Oh, and there’s another Jan 6 hearing scheduled for Thursday next week.

The Trumps are going to be mocked by Earth Wind & Fire until the day they die.

Do you remember
The 21st night of September?

1 Like

Is it me, or does he look more desperate than normal?

It’s just you.

Whoever you are, whatever you think, this is not a good look for you.

Thank you for your opinion.

I don’t only hate Trump, I hate all rapist presidents. Between Bill Clinton and Donald Trump, I wonder who raped the most women? I like an America that doesn’t have rapists for presidents.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I have no other explanation.

Here’s the hell of it. None of this seems to matter:

Trump Support Remains Unmoved by Investigations, Poll Finds (yahoo.com)

True. But those numbers are really, really bad. 54% say that he’s a threat to democracy - you lose Mondale-style with those kind of numbers.

If the last handful of elections has taught you anything, it should be that you don’t need the support of 50% of the people to get elected The geography of your support is more important than the amount. And the required percentage gets even lower when you tilt the electoral and judicial scales in your favor.

The Electoral College fucks with the process, but he had only 43% support in that poll, and that’s not going to be enough unless a third party candidate syphons off 10+% from the Democrat.

And Biden had 45% support. The difference is less than the margin of victory in 2020. The point is, none of these issues that have exposed Trump for the traitorous criminal that he is has damaged his chances at getting elected again. You should find that frightening. I know you keep expecting Trump to get arrested and barred from holding office again, but that is just wishful thinking. His legal woes are simply not damaging his political career.

14% of the people in that poll said “yeah, if he gets elected again it’ll likely mean the end of our country, but I’m going to vote for him anyway”.

He only won in 2016 by a sliver of votes across 3 states to squeak through under the EC, having lost the popular vote to a Democrat with crushing negative polling.

His current polling survives because (a) he’s not running right now and (2) because he’s not on Twitter so the vast majority of the country isn’t paying attention. If he runs in 2024, the first thing that will happen is that people will be reminded of what a day-to-day shitnado it was to live through his last term as President, and then you’ll see his numbers move.