Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread

He also said “We’re doing well. We have the documents, they don’t have the documents.”

1 Like

They’ve been playing video of Trump confessing to all his crimes. I hope this one is being edited in as we speak.

As an aside, they also played Lindsey Graham’s impassioned floor speech - about how you don’t have to commit a crime to be thrown out of office - from his time as a House Manager during the Clinton trial. That was awesome.

Limey, I’m gonna need to hear more about the Deutschebank think you just talked mentioned

Enjoy

A Russian government-controlled bank deposited at least half a billion dollars into the American subsidiary of Deutsche Bank around the time that the bank lent Trump his most scrutinized loans, according to exclusively obtained confidential bank records. As Trump received loans from the subsidiary, DBTCA, totaling over $360 million, Gazprombank sent $511 million in cash to DBTCA to be dispersed however the Russian bank directed.

The cash management relationship allowed Russian government rubles to be converted to U.S. dollars and deposited in their DBTCA account. Gazprombank then directed DBTCA to distribute the cash to certain entities, individuals or vendors in jurisdictions that use the U.S. dollar as currency.

A two-fer: buying the president and laundering money.

If you watch only one part of the impeachment case against Trump, watch “Shifty” Schiff’s impassioned closing from last night.

Masterful, as he has been throughout this entire process. I think if he announced for president right now, he might run the table.

ABC News has a recording of Donald Trump telling Lev Parnas to get Amb. Yovanovitch fired.

Specifically: “Get rid of her! Get her out tomorrow. I don’t care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. OK? Do it.”

Seems like ‘Your’re fired!’ might have an additional dimension.

It’s worth highlighting that this conversation happened in 2018. This shakedown was ongoing long before the July 25, 2019 phone call with Zelensky.

Correct, this was before Zelensky was elected. It was part of the original corrupt deal, before Zelensky got elected and they had to re-work the shakedown.

Yep. Yovanovitch was in the way, and so had to go. There was no legit way to remove her, so they had to smear her first to try to make it look legit. The collateral damage of Trump is far-reaching and deep.

Speaking of MAGAts…

So, based on the typical pattern of Trump and/or his supporters, he’s admitting that he should be a registered sex offender here, right?

1 Like

Bolton just lobbed a fucking nuke into this thing. “Leaked” to the NY Times are details from his book in which Bolton claims that Trump told him directly that the aid embargo would stay on until Zelensky announced the investigations.

More damning is that Bolton had sent a full manuscript of his book to the WH for clearance. So Cipilone et al knew about this before starting their defense of Trump this week. And, if they knew, then so did McConnell, as he has been proudly and openly coordinating the proceedings with the WH all along.

They knew this was out there and they knew that it was going to come out. They just needed the Senate Republicans to hold it together, deny witnesses and testimony, and get this over before it did.

What now Collins, Murkowski, Gardner, Romney etc? Trump demanded that they all walk out on the branch that he knew was going to get sawed off behind them. They should be pissed, but do they have the balls to do something about it?

Also, there’s been an attack on the US embassy in Baghdad. Reports are patchy but dire. Brutal attack, severe and numerous casualties.

This is the armed services and others paying the price for Trump’s ignorance and hubris. How will he handle this? Just pretend it didn’t happen (and insult the troops) like the 30+ traumatic brain injuries suffered in the last attack?

Further, China has 50 million people quarantined, but the Coronavirus is overwhelming their ability to respond. The speed of infection is far worse than previously thought. And there are now 3 cases in CA.

You think the Trump administration is ready for any of this?

That didn’t age well…

I’m not falling for it this time. Every time new evidence has arisen, I assumed Republicans would be decent and do the right thing. Every time I have been wrong.

I’m not sure what the actual excuse/rationalization will be, but we will learn soon enough. My advice to them is just be honest and say “so fucking what, we don’t care. End of trial.”

They have the power and the votes to have done that at any point already. They’re toying with us because it’s fun to own the libs.

Yes this. But also they want to hold on to the Senate majority in November, which is a real threat because there are 4 or 5 easily flippable Republican seats and the public overwhelmingly wants to see witnesses here (like 75% in favor). They need a process that’s legit enough to give these folks cover, while still being airtight on not letting actual evidence in.

They were getting away with it too, if not for that meddling gray-moustachioed man.

Apparently Roberts could permit the subpoenaing of witnesses and documents all by himself. I am hoping the Dems pull this lever.