Idiot-Shaming

Malcolm Jenkins, who is “woke,” to put it mildly, lights into Drew Brees

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CA_PxsNF-GQ/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I think you’re misreading the statute. I read “eminently dangerous to others” to mean eminently dangerous to somebody other than the actor, not eminently dangerous to somebody other than the guy who dies.

Correct, Neil, or at least I agree.

That certainly makes sense. The “another” versus “others” is a little muddled.

I’m usually a little muddled.

Like the lemons in a lemon drop martini.

Mr. President…tear down this wall.

Hopefully Mexico’s paying for this one at least.

1 Like

DC has painted “Black Lives Matter” in curb-to-curb lettering along 16th Ave in front of Lafayette Park, where the peaceful protesters were waylaid by the police. They have a also designated - permanently - the section in front of the White House as “Black Lives Matter Plaza”.

As usual, Trump’s base instincts are abhorrent to the majority of human beings, and so his preening stunts backfire. For example, he went to Maine today, and was greeted with this headline on the front page of the Portland Press Herald:

To President Trump: You should resign now

He lacks the character, maturity and judgment to lead the country in a perilous time.

President Trump: We’re sorry that you decided to come to Maine, but since you are here, could you do us a favor? Resign.

You have never been a good president, but today your shortcomings are unleashing historic levels of suffering on the American people.

Your slow response to the coronavirus pandemic has spun a manageable crisis into the worst public health emergency since 1918.

We are also in the middle of the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression. There is no national strategy to recover from the shock that is disproportionately affecting people who were already struggling to make it.

And in the face of the worst civic unrest since 1968, with millions of Americans in the streets protesting systemic racism, you fan the flames.

In just the last week you gleefully tweeted about shooting fellow citizens; you goaded governors into escalating violent situations so they don’t “look like jerks;” and you authorized the use of rubber bullets and tear gas to clear peaceful protesters out of a public space so you could pose for a Bible-waving photo-op.

These are just a few examples of why you lack the character, maturity and judgment to lead our country in this perilous time. You should resign.

1 Like

And Susan Collins is VERY concerned.

1 Like

She should be. She’s the second most unpopular Senator (behind Moscow Mitch) and she’s polling 9 points behind Sara Gideon - a deficit that has expanded from -4% in March. This poll was from May 28, which means it pre-dates the murder of George Floyd and the subsequent civil unrest, and it’s hard to think that her standing will have improved since then given that she voted to let the orange shitgibbon stay in office.

Speaking of Moscow Mitch, his opponent - Amy McGrath - out-raised him in the first quarter and polls have the pair deadlocked.

Biden and Trump are each at 48% in Nexas in a poll released today. Once Nexas starts voting like sentient humans rather than a bunch of invertebrate inbreds, it’s game over for the pig fucker party.

Not that I expect that to happen this cycle, but it will happen. Especially when underage illegals can vote by mail.

I don’t know, who knows, maybe climate change will show its wrath on election day and giant tumbleweeds will savage the panhandle and those pig fuckers won’t be able to leave their trailers. That’s about as likely as anything else this year’s thrown our way.

1 Like

that’s ‘Moderate’ Susan Collins …

The Bethesda Bike Rager - who attacked three people for putting up BLM posters - has been identified, arrested, charged and seemingly fired by his employer.

2 Likes

Nothing like a heartfelt mea culpa delivered from your two lawyers for you.

I loved the line from his lawyer that “once he realized he was a suspect in this case”, because until then, presumably, he had forgotten that it was him who had done it. Also, hiding your riding gear under the front steps is totally the sort of thing an innocent man would do.

Want to know what there is such an outcry on the right about the protests?

• The NY state assembly just passed the Eric Garner Anti-Choke Hold law 140-3.
  • The NYPD is having as much as $1 billion (with a “buh”) of its funding redirected to social programs (it’s budget is $6 billion…SIX).
  • The Minneapolis City Council have pledged to disband the Minneapolis Police Dept.

And then there’s this:

YES, police are more likely to use excessive force against African Americans:

• post-Eric Garner (2014): 33% of Americans, 26% of whites
  • post-George Floyd (2020): 57% of Americans, 49% of whites

Is This the Last Stand of the ‘Law and Order’ Republicans?

An NBC/ Wall Street Journal poll released Sunday found that “Americans by a 2-to-1 margin are more troubled by the actions of police in the killing of George Floyd than by violence at some protest.” A survey for USA Today last week showed white Americans’ favorable impressions of police declining by double-digits week over the week. Most notably, a Monmouth poll released June 2—conducted in the days after Floyd’s killing—showed, for the first time, that a majority of Americans (57 percent) and a plurality of whites (49 percent) believe police are more likely to use excessive force against African Americans. This represents a tectonic shift in public opinion: After Eric Garner was killed by New York City police in the summer of 2014, Monmouth found that 33 percent of Americans believed the black community was more likely to be abused by police; among whites, that number was just 26 percent.

“It’s almost a sea change,” said Republican Tim Scott of South Carolina, one of three black members of the U.S. Senate. For years, Scott explained, “the response from so many well-intended people was to overlook the brutality brought to African Americans at the hands of the police. … But I look at the public’s response to this situation and it feels like the first time in my lifetime that I’ve heard law enforcement agencies coming out with strong rebukes and condemnation of the officers in Minneapolis.”

The senator added, “Without question, this is different. It feels different. It sounds different. The protesters are different. … I look out my window in Washington and see 10 protesters. Seven of them are white, and three of them are black.”

So how does this address the fact that NYPD already banned chokeholds before Eric Garner and still didn’t lift a finger against his killer?