Hot stove 2021

He seems to get along well with Orbit.

Cora is Red Sox manager again

A big “fuck you” to MLB from Boston. Too bad Crane is gutless.

Of course, ESPN says Boston fired Cora “for his role in the Astros’ sign-stealing scandal.” Not in Boston, of course; only in Houston. Fuck them.

3 Likes

This. Well done to the Red Sox org. They got busted TWICE and came through this largely unscathed. A real lesson on crisis management and knowing how to exert whatever position/authority you do have.

3 Likes

That position being “In Boston”.

Sure thing. Crane had a similar position in his arsenal, being the 4th largest market in the US as well as having genuinely marketable product and personalities on the roster. He left those bullets unused over and over and over again with MLB. With the run the Astros had since 2015 (and begrudging respect from the overall MLB community despite their abhorrence of their “non-traditional” way of getting there), it was fully incumbent upon the Astros management team to force their way into the upper echelon of invite-only club of teams like the Dodgers, Yankees and Red Sox. And, they completely failed to act on that rare opportunity and take what no one was going to just give them.

3 Likes

I think we can all agree that Crane followed the McLane model a little too closely and left some bullets chambered, but the “4th largest market” bullet is mostly a blank. Houston as a market has never had any measurable sustained clout in the sports world.

1 Like

Crane went belly up and was gutless.

2 Likes

Cohen officially takes control of the Mets and litterally an hour later fires almost every high ranking Met front office member

It’s not like they had proven they were worthy of the positions.

LaRussa managed during the final seasons of:

Honus Wagner
Smokey Joe Wood
Lefty Grove

1 Like

So we can start referring to him again as the Tanked Commander yes?

1 Like

God has been so generous in the humor department the past few days.

1 Like

The White Sox look shrewder every day.

People out there trying to argue TLR has embraced analytics and the dude can’t even figure out Uber.

2 Likes

Please abstain from schnapps before climbing into your panzer…

3 Likes

Fucker.

And Marcus Stroman also shared his thoughts on twitter about the hiring of Mr. Legit Hall of Famer.

He was not complimentary.

TLR is toast.

It appears in this case we may have to raise the Men-dozing Line.

4 Likes

I love the “Don’t you know who I am” response to anything. I hope the cop said “No, bro I don’t. Who the fuck are you?”