HOF 2023

Most of it has been deleted, but some of it remains. Spack must be filled with the spirit of Christmas.

You are correct. My reply saying I just realized you were quoting was one of the ones deleted.

1 Like

U FOO!

2 Likes

His attacking me about my age has furious george written all over it. The dumbass will be my age too some day if he is lucky. The good natured teasing I get here about being old started about 20+ years ago, and I kinda like it. The profane attacks which imply my senility are abusive. I am neither sensitive nor defensive about my age, and I love being alive. I hope to be still around here and being teased for another decade or so. When I no longer make meaningful contributions to baseball discussions, I am sure you will tell me. That’s what good sons do, and you are one of those.

11 Likes

FWIW, while I can’t be certain, I have reason to believe it’s not furious_george.

The Chronicle is nothing more than ChatGPTT.

Maybe not, but the attack and the words were the same.

It’s not wise to mock someone’s age. Things like that can come back to bite you. While I have had a few disagreements with Jim over the years, I respect Jim and have enjoyed reading his posts over the last 20+ years and hope to be reading them many more years. He deserves a certain level of respect in my opinion.

3 Likes

Thank you, sir. As I recall, our disagreements primarily are about politics.
Respect is earned, not given, and my hope is I have earned some along the way.

3 Likes

We are all human and all love the Astros.

Express your opinions and ideas. Defend them. Debate them. Don’t attack anyone or disrespect them.

Respect may he earned and not deserved but there is an area between that and disrespect.

None of us agree 100% on everything but we can all agree to be civil and not disrespectful to one another.

I realize I’m among the newest nembers here but I feel that if you can’t abide by that then there is no place here for you.

1 Like

Ken Rosenthal does a Hamlet turn with conflicting “shall I or shall I not” put Beltran to the HOF emotions. Builds a case for Altuve among the position players, and tosses in a stealth paragraph on the Yankees and BoSox 2018 illegalities

Not sure if subscriber-blocked. I can excerpt later

“Alas, poor Carlos, I knew his WAR+ well.”

1 Like

Rosenthal and Nightengale Are Dead.

5 Likes

But that the dread of something after death…

2 Likes

Rosenthal broke coverage of the scandal and is remorseful because Beltran was all deep in this, and Rosenthal wants him inducted.

I love the part about…and I’m definitely not going to take the time to quote here…that surely something would have come out now if other teams were doing the same as Astros did. Really?

He thinks that everybody just gets paychecks simply for spouting their opinions. Digging? Research? What’s that?

1 Like

I guess he discounts the stuff several other players have said.

1 Like

The Athletic staff revealed their ballots, and the vast majority voted for Beltran.

If Beltran gets in, his display has to include the phone that Taverez broke in the dugout in that playoff game.

2 Likes