Guardians @ Astros, August 1, 2023

You’re right. @MusicMan confirmed it from MLB.com.

Aside from the clinching games in World Series and LCS wins, this has to be one of the best days in Astros history.

9 Likes

From our old friend Andy:

8 Likes

It’s fitting that on the day the Astros bring back a pitcher with multiple no hitters in Justin Verlander that Framber Valdez throws the first in his career.

4 Likes

I didn’t think it would be better than originally acquiring Verlander in August 2017, but I was wrong.

4 Likes

I was nowhere sure that ball wasn’t going to land where everybody wasn’t.

Cleveland having been no-hit 5 times since 2021 is… I don’t even know where to start with that.

2 Likes

Maldy’s 3rd no-hitter caught, and the first that wasn’t combined

1 Like

But they hustle there way to first unlike anyone

Remind me, who caught Verlander’s in 2019?

Chirinos

Gonna do a deep dive on no hitters now - see where the Astros rank from point of inception.

“Do you have to sing again??”

They do. And dance, too, while they’re at it.

When I was four I was invited to a musical by a classmate so I asked my mom What’s a musical and she says Well it’s a show kind of like a play but where people sing and dance and I asked You mean they’re just standing around and then without warning they start singing and she said Yes that’s exactly it and I said That’s gonna be a no from me dawg.

2 Likes

Only way this day gets better is if I win that billion dollar lottery.

1 Like

How many non-perfecto No Hit pitchers faced the minimum?

A Yordanmas miracle.

2 Likes

In that case, you’re buying the beer :slight_smile:

A few. There is the famous Babe Ruth/Ernie Shore combined no no, where Ruth walked the first batter, was ejected arguing, and the runner was then caught stealing. Shore retired the next 26 batters.

I win the lottery, I’m buying the fucking bar.

2 Likes