General TV Thread

I’m assuming everyone already knows this at this point, but if you have T-Mobile for your phone provider they give away mlb.tv every year at the beginning of the season (as well as a shit ton of other useful freebies).

More importantly, for me at least, does Fubo’s mobile app work outside of the U.S.? MLB.TV does. Which is critical.

Secondly, how many Hallmark channels are available on Fubo? Cause if it’s less than eleventy, it’s a non starter in my household.

I have no idea about availability outside the US.

As to Hallmark, it carries the main channel, as well as Mysteries and Family.

I couldn’t use my YouTube TV outside of the US without my VPN so I imagine Fubo would be the same. My VPN worked well though, so that really wasn’t an issue for me.

I switched from UVerse to Fubo this last offseason, and I feed it into my TV through a Roku. It’s not perfect, but Fubo’s pros outweigh the cons for me.

Pros: Significantly cheaper than getting the important stuff on U-verse (~$100 less per month), better user interface than my old set-top box, easy to add/drop specialty packages.

Cons: Picture quality isn’t as good, especially when it’s first starting up and buffering–this is annoying when trying to rewind and watch a play or something that I missed; there’s no “live” fast forward/rewind, so you’re just guessing if you try to fast-forward through commercials.

1 Like

I’ve been using Fubo for three years now to watch the Astros. My only “con” is that the feed is usually delayed a good 30 seonds vs Uverse/DirecTV

1 Like

Also not wild about their DVR fucntionality… I used to record games but you can’t specify first run only, like with Uverse, so you end up recording replays and such. ANd they don’t have a batch delete function so before I had unlimited storage I ran up against my 1000 hours and had to manually delete shit for a half-hour.

1 Like

On my Apple TV, if I pause the show it pops up an image of the feed and you can then click forwards until you see the show restart.

I don’t know how people are supposed to know this. I found it by accident. Better than FFing 150 seconds and hoping.

1 Like

Luckily, you have me to provide predictions for your future.

6 Likes

Fubo doesn’t have Turner channels, so during the 22 World Series I had to use my brother’s DirecTV credentials and run TBS from my laptop to tv. The feed felt almost a minute behind and my phone was blowing up after almost every play so I ended up putting it on silent, face down on the floor, during innings, and catching up during commercial breaks.

1 Like

That’s gotta hurt during March Madness.

1 Like

We had a conversation about all this a while ago somewhere around here…I was getting excited about Fubo until I heard about the Turner channels

If you have Max they show the Turner live sports via their Bleacher Report coverage.

Fubo worked on my phone overseas this summer, but not on my laptop or any smart tv.

2 Likes

My backup plan if/when access to Turner channels becomes an issue is YouTube TV.

Yep, that was a godsend during March Madness and NBA Playoffs.

I’ve been happy with Hulu Live’s channel selection and not a bad price when packaged with ESPN+ and Disney+, but I have to use MLB.TV with a laptop tethered to my TV via HDMI to watch the Astros games.

Man, it’s one thing to do that 15 times during the postseason, but 150 times a year? Yikes.

I’ve got a laptop the is dedicated to watching the games. it’s no problem for the most part. I’ve got HDMI cords attached on both of my main TVs so switching from my den to bedroom is no problem either. It’s not the best set up but I guess I gotten used to it.

Not everyone is cut out for the daily grind of a baseball season.

3 Likes

Homicide: Life on the Street, all seasons now streaming on Peacock.

6 Likes