General TV Thread

A list like this might also contain TAXI, which i loved when i was a kid.

1 Like

There is Sorkin West Wing, there is S6-7 which is basically a spinoff of the original show, and a gap in between the two that just flat out did not happen.

2 Likes

All I remember about West Wing was that the first 3 or so seasons were really good. This goes for Lost as well.

1 Like

I did a full rewatch of West Wing in 2017 or so and just came away depressed because I couldn’t climb through my TV screen and live in that world.

8 Likes

Season 3 of The Bear drops tomorrow.

4 Likes

“Batman: Caped Crusader” premieres August 1. From one of the producers of The Animated Series.

https://x.com/ign/status/1805979625715048465?s=46

Settle down.

I tried to get into it. Just wasn’t for me.

It took me a bit but it grew on me.

However, the Christmas episode I had to break in to 3 parts. That was too intense for my tolerance of family dysfunction.

2 Likes

Hey @MarkR

I bring you love!

1 Like

He’s bringing us love, let’s kill it!

3 Likes

How can The Bear make an episode that’s essentially one long cooking montage, yet it’s absolutely beautiful and compelling?

Also, Olivia Coleman is always a win.

2 Likes

It’s The Bear, that’s what it does.

2 Likes

Mind blown:

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 8.23.37 AM

Amazing. McHale is Carmy’s self-doubt/loathing and his perfectionism manifested in a single douchebag.

1 Like

This.

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 1.57.35 PM

Also, if anyone at CBS wants to know why Star Trek: Discovery failed to captivate an audience, they should watch a 10-minute clip of The Bear. Any 10-minute clip from The Bear. It will have more character development than all 5 seasons of Disco combined.

1 Like

I just finished The Sympathizer which was thoroughly entertaining and a unique perspective on the Vietnam War.

In case you’re interested, Fubo TV now carries the Astros, included in the base price.

1 Like

Two questions:

1. do they have a corresponding mobile app?
  2. what is the cost? I think I paid like $135 for MLB.tv last year.

I have the “Elite” package for the 4K channels which is the mid tier (260 channels), and it’s $90/month. that includes all of the local broadcast channels as well as a metric shit-ton of sports. Not just “futbol” either, there’s a bunch of college sports networks, and dedicated channels for some things I had no idea were a thing; like professional cornhole.

Correction: I said the Astros were free. Checking my bill, there’s a $15/month “regional sports fee” that I’ve been paying from the beginning. So it’s $105 including local sports, which includes the Space City network.

Whatever tier you’re on, you get unlimited DVR and 10 simultaneous streams.

Yes there is an app. I watch mostly on my Apple TV, and the picture quality is very good, although the local channels (that are supposed to be 4K) look very grainy. I don’t watch much, if any, broadcast TV and only noticed this as Fox was showing the Euros. I will have to wait to see how the EPL looks on NBC next month.

I like the interface, very quick and clean.

1 Like