General TV Thread

Mad Men is #1 on my list for the series.

1. Mad Men
  2. Halt and Catch Fire
  3. The Wire
  4. Stranger Things
  5. True Detective (s1)
2 Likes

HACF is underrated. I loved that show, especially the ending.

1 Like

No Manimal?

To each his own I guess.

With Family Guy it’s “that reminds me” tangents all the way down.

1 Like

I like manatees

Hulu’s commercials make Shoresy unwatchable.

It’s a 25 minute show with 25 minutes of commercials.

What commercials?

I guess you pay for the commercial-free tier.

Family Guy and South Park are OK. Rick & Morty, on the other hand, rocks.

2 Likes

Family Guy is the ultimate TV entertainment.

The wire is my former #1. Don’t know anything about halt and catch fire. Will check it out. Thought true detective season 1 was great but the next 3 are duds.

1 Like

Ted Lasso and West Wing are my two favorite TV shows. But then again, I am a fan of Masterpiece on PBS as well. So I am not exactly a cultural bellwether

3 Likes

I have seen exactly 0 episodes of any of these. Without thinking too much about it, I think this is probably my top five:

1. Cheers
  2. Seinfeld
  3. Star Trek Next Gen
  4. Modern Family
  5. MASH
2 Likes

I have seen exactly 0 episodes of any of those.

I will admit I am not a big TV watcher. Those are probably my favorites because of personal experience (blended, mixed race, mixed definition family) or are more associated with a time in my life rather than the actual content.

1 Like

You’ve never seen Cheers or Seinfeld?

1 Like

No. I’m sure I’ve been exposed here and there, in a place where the show is on. But I’ve never seen anything close to an entire episode.

It’s a great list. Cheers (and Night Court) rock; also Ted Danson (the actor) did The Good Place.

I love Seinfeld. The Festivus for the Rest of Us!!! It’s choppy, though.

I love ST:NG. S1 is OK, S2 is very good, and S3, S4, and S5 are fantastic. S6 was OK again.

Modern Family was good but great was Married With Children.

I love MASH. Did you know MASH doctor and s7 senator and presidental candid on the West Wing (the Republican), it’s the same actor!

I love Ted Lasso; s1 and s2 are really funny. But then s3 the show was OK.

I love the West Wing - s1 to s4 are amazing. S5 and s6 are OK. S7 was great.

1 Like

I would say West Wing S5 was terrible, save for two really good episodes (Shutdown and The Supremes), but agree with the rest. The last, say, six episodes of S2 are a tough stretch for any show to outdo.

2 Likes