General TV Thread

Mad Men London guy (Pryce) (s3, s4, and s5 - he hanged himself) and the Chernobyl guy are the same.

1 Like

Mad Men and Chernobyl both. Typecast, I guess.

1 Like

He also played John Lennon in a made for cable movie. He just can’t escape that typecasting.

Also son of Richard Harris, who played Marcus Aurelius in Gladiator and Dumbledore in the first two Harry Potter films, among dozens and dozens of other roles across a 45-year career.

ETA: Jared Harris was also great as King George in the first season of The Crown.

3 Likes

And one of his first roles was “British Lieutenant” in Last of the Mohicans.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize he’s Richard Harris’s son. Quite the acting chops in that family.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that he played Anderson Dawes on The Expanse.

1 Like

An actor so talented not even the most deranged critic could call him a “nepo baby.”

3 Likes

Can’t believe I neglected to mention that one. He was terrific in that role.

We’re watching Hacks. It’s very likable, though not very manly.

2 Likes

It’s hilarious and really well written, but not a dudley show.

Great for watching with the little lady when she’s done with her tradwife chores.

First 2 episodes of Shorsey S3 are up on Hulu

1 Like

Is there an impossible amount of good looking girls?

Haven’t watched yet but yes, there are an impossible amount of good looking girls in Sudbury, Ontario

1 Like

Started Shorsey S3 E1 and almost instantly turned it off.

…to watch S2 E6.

Back to S3 S1, Shoresy has some epic trash talk for the juniors.

Shorsey Trash Talk

When I smash your mom from behind it sounds like someone running in flip flops.

Been watching Mad Men for the first time and I think its the best television ive ever seen. Constantly astounded by the quality writing, cinematography, and acting. Im in season 4 and so impressed by how much better it gets as it progresses.

1 Like

“something…your mom…something…sounds like I’m walking in flip-flops”

Reminds me of one I heard a while back: banging your mom is like waving a corn dog in the Astrodome.

4 Likes

…and that reminds me of (maybe Family Guy?): “is there any tread left on the tires or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?”