General TV Thread

That is cool

I think the guy with the sliding stop does stand with a shredded shirt. It’s hard for me to watch anything but the catch at first base.

Fat boy getting a foul tip in the nards had me lolling. Also, that one pitcher using his parietal eye was excellent.

Unfortunate language confusion with the tag line, though:

“Toyota…jeez.”

This morning I started on Bargain on Paramount Plus, another twisted South Korean television series. Organ harvesting auction, earthquake and double crossing so far.

ETA: the lead actress is really pretty too.

Just finished the first season of 1923.

For perspective, I have not watched a single episode of Yellowstone or 1886.

Frankly I was blown away. Smart writing, dialogue that sounds period appropriate without being difficult to follow, and several storylines that are each compelling.

There is some violence but it is not gratuitous. Likewise some sex/nudity. There’s also a storyline involving a school for native American children that is difficult to watch but also impossible to turn away from.

Ford/Mirren are both fantastic. Ditto the actors portraying Alex and Spencer. The antagonists are perfectly cast as well.

Highly recommended.

The actors who played AJ & Meadow on The Sopranos are now both older than James Gandolfini was when he started making The Sopranos.

You’re welcome.

To tie this to baseball…

As some of you may already know, Jamie-Lynn Sigler’s father is the founder of the Men’s Senior Baseball League, the largest “denial league” for adult players. She is also married to Cutter Dykstra who is the son of, you guessed it, noted steroid freak and multiple-time convicted felon, Lenny Dykstra.

Apparently, Nancy Grace could not be reached for comment:

Turns out it was the guy who it obviously was all the fuck along. He tried it on, she said no, he tried too hard, she kneed him in the balls and so he bashed her head in with a cinder block and threw her body in the ocean.

Hopefully prison isn’t kind to this human garbage.

Give her time.

1 Like

We’re currently watching Fall of the House of Usher on Neflix and it’s pretty good after 2 episodes.
And, since we are the only 2 people who haven’t watched it yet, we’re in the first season of Arrested Development and it’s pretty great.

1 Like

Seasons 1-3 are incredible. Season 4 is great after the recut. The rest is… diminishing returns. BUT watching straight through you’re going to catch a ton of the little insider references and back jokes.

I’ve rewatched it probably 10 times.

2 Likes

He’s a flamer.

Oh, most definitely!

RIP Patrice

AD s1 is the bomb!

1 Like

If you like Letterkenny, Shoresy is that plus hockey.

I’m waiting for more of both of those shows

October 27th I believe.

1 Like

“Hello, anus tart.”
“You saw the license plate!”
“What license plate?”

3 Likes

Happy Shoresy Day to those who celebrate. I’m 4 episodes in and it’s just as good as the original.

2 Likes

John Oliver ruins Halloween.