General TV Thread

It’s listed at 76 minutes.

The Wire is on a higher level of excellence than almost any other great television show.

2 Likes

It gets even more intense as you go along but I still haven’t seen the last three seasons.

I’ve seen every season of the wire twice. I gave up on the Sopranos with several seasons remaining. I’ve still never seen the finale, outside of memes.

Same here.

The Wire is fantastically awesome. I kinda liked it.

1 Like

I think these are my three favorite TV shows of the past 20 years: The Wire, Deadwood, and Breaking Bad.

Just started watching “Taste the Nation” with Padma Lakshmi. It’s like an America-focused No Reservations.

That would be my list of dramas, with Deadwood edging out Justified

Every now and then Sphinx says something with which I have no argument.

I did watch Breaking Bad, and I remember so many said “Breaking Bad is the best show I’ve ever seen, except for The Wire” that it was used as a punchline on SNL.

It’s on my list…

Started watching The Wire, bud didn’t finish. Certainly need to. Haven’t seen Deadwood or Justified, but they’re also on the list. Currently watching Yellowstone. Been great so far.

I should really get around to trying any of those.

Deadwood has the least time commitment. Breaking Bad is a life sentence.

2 Likes

The only knock i have about Breaking Bad is that Better Call Saul is better.

“Talk to me geese.”

Ted Lasso finale. Fantastic

3 Likes

The only knock I have about Better Call Saul is that it is derivative of Breaking Bad. They are both fantastic. I recently finished the last season of BCS, which lead me into my second viewing of Breaking Bad of which I am nearing the finish of season two.

As a fan of LOTR, GOT, and Star Wars, I come in slightly skeptical of prequels.

Rough three-day stretch with three shows I loved all ending. Ted Lasso may or may not have caused a bit of dust to kick up in my apartment. Then I immediately had a dream about him coaching some tiny country in the World Cup.

Anyway… bravo! What a fun ride these past few years have been. Ted Lasso was the perfect television debut during a shitty year and has continued to be a mostly feel-good experience even as the world keeps being a shitty place (with slightly less COVID). I’m going to miss it.

And just to add to the discussion from up the thread, The Wire is (IMO) the greatest show ever made.

3 Likes