General TV Thread

Lasso:

The scene with Nate and his dad was touching.

What parent knows what they’re doing as they’re doing it?

Not this one.

I just want my kids to be happy too.

2 Likes

Barry:

I’m way behind this latest season. The only episodes I’ve seen were on airplanes via the AA app thingy.

But the scene where Sally figures out that he’s a lunatic (“replace her dog with a slightly different dog”) is some of the funniest shit ever.

This latest season is absolutely off the rails in the best way. I knew that it was going to be an absolute roller coaster, but it’s exceeded my expectations.

Dark. Except the Dave and Busters scenes, still cracks me up

Incredibly dark, but that’s sort of been the theme of the show. Crazy dark with interjections of hilariousness that all tie back to each other.

That was the Britishest Britishism that ever Britished on tv.

1 Like

BTW, Jamie Tartt is real…and plays for Man City.

https://twitter.com/EnglidsAway/status/1660664562918608901

1 Like

3 Likes

Another very, very good episode of Ted Lasso.

Hell, it was great.

2 Likes

It looks like you have 2 right, 1 close but not quite (Roy not Jamie) all that appears left is the psychic/green match book resolution.

1 Like

Rebecca has the matchbook, she didn’t leave it behind on the boat. They showed her finding it in her bag last week.

I think there’s not much left but the shouting. Barring a huge bombshell twist, this week pretty much wrapped up a lot of the main characters’ storylines, other than the final goodbyes. As for the matchbook and Rebecca becoming a “mother”, perhaps that was answered with Bex and that other tramp showing up at her doorstep, as they obviously are looking to her for motherly advice and comfort. There will obviously be some questions left unanswered, but the main part of the story will conclude.

Becs showing up is about her leaving Rupert, so the show ends with him losing his coach, the title and his new wife. I still think Rebecca was knocked up by the Dutch boatman, and she’ll find out perhaps in the last scene.

Ted is obviously going back to Kansas, presumably to take over an MLS team. Beard goes with him - it was good to get their backstory filled in - with Nate and Roy taking over at Richmond.

As to a potential twist:

Rebecca and Sam seems to be a dangling thread remaining. Perhaps the twist is that Rebecca sells Richmond to a repentant Rupert, so she is free to pursue a relationship with Sam.

Option: As above but Rebecca sells Richmond to Becs, as one last fuck you to Rupes.

I’m not entirely convinced Beard goes back to the US

1 Like

I go back and forth on this. It’ll be a tug o’ love between Jane and Ted. Of course, Jane can always go with him, although I’m not sure we want her in a place with such easy access to guns.

After his speech this week, I’m kind of thinking it’s time for him to break away from Ted. And I’m also not entirely convinced that Ted takes a coaching job back in Kansas. At least not yet.

1 Like

That last twenty minutes was fucking legendary. Brendan Hunt knocked that all the way out of the park.

3 Likes

I’ve loved Brendan Hunt since the very beginning of Ted Lasso, but his character expansion and learning about Coach Beard has probably been my second favorite plot string in the whole show behind the development of Roy Kent.

4 Likes

A personal observation: My enjoyment of any given episode seems directly proportional to the number of times a character says “Oi!”

1 Like

A friend of mine was in Brazil, and couldn’t stop laughing about the fact that the local cell service provider was called “Oi”.

1 Like