General TV Thread

One thing I really liked about the episode: for a brief second, you could see why Rebecca was attracted to Rupert.

2 Likes

I think it was pure speculation before this week’s confirmation.

I already assumed they are one and the same.

Agreed. Charming like a snake. Great performance by Tony Head.

Side note: very strong Star Wars vibes for Rupert early in the season. Dressed all in black most of the time a La Vader, and his office layout screamed Emperor in front of the Death Star round window.

With that and Succession S4, I might have to splurge on Max got a month.

I loved the cut from him about to lose his shit in the meeting to the aftermath of everyone covered in food. Hilarious.

2 Likes

And Barry. Don’t know if/when you had it last, but there’s been several good shows in the past couple of years.

1 Like

This last season of Barry has been absolutely bananas so far. I love it.

2 Likes

The part of Eddie’s return that didn’t sit well with me is that it went back to Sam being so passive again. They’ve completely wasted him this season.

I’ve watched all but the last season. Another good call.

Been off HBO for about a year. Would appreciate recs for anything else I’ve missed.

I assume this is part of your odd-feeling set-up for the final episodes. Sam will have his revenge, in this life or the next.

2 Likes

Jamie telling Roy he had the “E” changed to a “U” on his jersey was also a highlight. Jamie has had some great lines this season.

4 Likes

Hmmm…off the top of my head, I/we’ve enjoyed recently:

Hacks, Mare of Easttown, White Lotus, We Own This City, Perry Mason (esp S2), Peacemaker

Righteous Gemstones has a new season coming out soon also.

1 Like

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is having/has finished it’s last season. I haven’t watched any of this season yet, but it’s one of my favorites as well.

2 Likes

And speaking of Jamie and Roy…their friendship is clear, and Jamie has embraced it though Roy is still stubborn. He even got a dig at Roy when he said Isaac was his best friend, and it got a rise out of Roy. I think back to the end of E9 where Collin and Isaac are playing video games, and Collin says, “I love you, man”, and Isaac remains silent. Collins smiles and says, “you can’t say it, can you?”, and Isaac replies “no…but you know I mean it, yeah?”. If that’s not the very last line of dialogue between Roy and Jamie I am going to be extremely disappointed.

3 Likes

We all thought Ted was the father figure for whom Jamie was crying out. Turns out, it is Roy.

2 Likes

And Phoebe sitting there thinking about it, and then finally figuring it out and demanding a pound from Jamie:

Jamie: “But I didn’t say anything.”
Phoebe: “No, but you made me think it.”

3 Likes

“Alright, fair play”

2 Likes

I’m enjoying Barry, but don’t find this season quite as good as previous ones. I really find Sally annoying.

I’ve never really liked her character at all, but I kind of feel like we’re not supposed to like her.