General TV Thread

You don’t binge Black Mirror; Black Mirror binges you.

Derry Girls was great. S3 is currently in production, I believe.

I’m in between shows and decided to make another run through From the Earth to the Moon.

If you want to get in to super weird stuff, Comedy Central ran one season of a show called The Naked Trucker and T Bones Show that was incredibly out there, but I found hilarious.

It didn’t get renewed of course, but it was super weird and funny.

The opening credits gives me chills every time.

2 Likes

Always a good decision.

I’ve been doing two per night before bed the past few days. Spider was part of last night’s block and it may be my favorite episode. The entire program was such a massive undertaking that it’s hard to even comprehend, but the LM development provides a great microcosm of the larger effort. And the pride and joy on Tom Kelly’s face at the end is so satisfying to me.

12 men walked on the moon. Another 12 made the voyage there, best most people only remember Armstrong and maybe Aldrin. Yet thousands played an integral part of ensuring the success of the program, and I’m glad that the series gave love to so many of the ones that didn’t go into the history books.

Great, great series.

I love Spider too.

Ditto. That is always the episode I come back to.

It took her ten years to write Strange. She was through.

Her second book just came out. Susanna Clark takes her time.

Looks like Party Down is coming back!

1 Like

That’s awesome!

Going to re-watch “Coming to America” tonight in anticipation of “Coming 2 America” which releases tomorrow. Word is the latter is pretty decent.

Both on Amazon Prime, btw.

C2A is funny. I genuinely LOL’d a handful of times. The callbacks are well done and the cameos are awesome.

You don’t need to have just seen the original, but you need to have seen it. It doesn’t hurt to rewatch it first, though, because it’s funny too.

In other news, Season 3 of “Drive to Survive” drops on Netflix on March 19. That gives you two weeks to watch the first two seasons. Even non-Formula 1 and non-motor racing fans will enjoy this show. I cannot recommend this show highly enough.

Just started tonight. On Ep3 right now and quite entertained.

1 Like

As someone who studied computer science in the late 70s and early 80s, I am geeking the fuck out on this show.

1 Like

HACF is a great show, for more than just the computer stuff.

2 Likes

I think at the third episode I was still too shaken by the name “Scoot McNairy” to absorb the plot. (Fun fact that I didn’t realize til the end of the show: he and Kerry Bishe also played husband and wife in Argo.)

1 Like

I’m at the end of S2, and I find that I couldn’t give a shit about Gordon. Conversely, Kerry Bishé could shit in my mouth while I slept, and I wouldn’t be able to stay mad at her.

Seriously though, the whole of S2 has Joe and his psychotic chaos on the outside, where it’s impact has felt more than a little contrived, while Gordon has just been flapping around like a landed marlin.

While watching For All Mankind I kept getting the feeling like I had seen Shantel VanSanten in something before, even though I hadn’t. It just occurred to me that I was thinking of Kerry Bishe in Halt and Catch Fire. Similar looks, similar acting styles, some overlap in period hair/costuming.

index

1 Like