General Movie Thread

I have somehow managed to never see that movie. I’ll fix that someday soon.

Weirdly, Scott Pilgrim comes in 2nd in this category.

Ditto.

The Edge wrote the soundtrack to that particular situation.

1 Like

Probably my favorite song of all time

1 Like

Really?

From one of the very best albums of all time (certainly one of the very best guitar albums). And it’s not even the best song on it.

4 Likes

I love the chord progression and guitar arpeggios, and the lyrics are the best evocation of long term relationships I’ve heard.

4 Likes

So many to choose from on Achtung. Would you go with Even Better Than the Real Thing?

1 Like

If you can find it, The Edge singing this with just an acoustic guitar is incredible.

Until The End of the World, Acrobat, The Fly and Love Is Blindness are my favorites but I think End of the World wins out. Amazing guitar work throughout, especially on headphones.

2 Likes

End of the World is one of my favorite U2 songs (behind Hawkmoon 269). The Judas Iscariot references are fucking great.

1 Like

yeah, the perspective the song is written from (poor ol’Judas/good ol’Judas) is really fantastic. And pretty a pretty sympathetic portrayal.

1 Like

A quick google didn’t find it, but there is the U2/REM version (well, Mills, Stype, Mullen, Clayton at least):

1 Like

Nobody, which is the Bob Odenkirk version of John Wick, is pretty fun.

3 Likes

It’s better than fun. Watching Christopher Lloyd kick ass is worth the price of admission.

1 Like

I saw a random you tube short with Christopher Lloyd doing some stuff in a nursing home.

Was that from Nobody?

If so I need to watch that movie.

2 Likes

Yep. I’m watching it on Amazon Freevee right as we speak

2 Likes

That’s the one, and it’s so damn good.

2 Likes

Starting now.

It’s fanfuckingtastic.