General Movie Thread

Dude, I have a signed copy of his four-disc collected b-sides.

1 Like

I should have known when you mentioned, “completists.”

2 Likes

I love The Rezillos:

Caught them when I was at the festival in Blackpool. Really awesome set!

1 Like

Peter Sellers is one of the greatest comic actors we have ever seen.

3 Likes

Finally got around to watching “Across the Spider-Verse”. It’s an incredible visual feast with a good story and plenty of laughs along the way. I simply cannot comprehend how they make these movies.

2 Likes

Is it streaming yet?

No. I bought a used Blu Ray.

1 Like

Isn’t that like buying an iPhone 8?

I’m surprised his house let him play it.

5 Likes

Still can’t shake that Gen X need to own media. I don’t buy music anymore, but certain movies I will. It means I will have them even if they’re currently not on any of my streaming packages.

Also, used 4K BDs go for $10-15, rather than the full retail price of $40-50.

2 Likes

I rip it to my Mac and then upload it to my Plex Server. Does that help?

1 Like

Same here. The only CDs I have are ones that aren’t/weren’t available to stream. Apple Music is the best money I spend every month.

1 Like

Open the blu-ray player door, PAL

I’m sorry, Ray, I can’t do that.

4 Likes

I haven’t bought a Blue Ray in a number of years and I miss the alternative commentary tracks.

I bought the digital version on Amazon the day it came out, don’t think it’s free anywhere. I saw it at least twice in theaters and loved it more each time, so I was willing to pay $20 or whatever it was.

Of course this means I only “own” it as long as Amazon retains the rights to stream it, which is why Limey’s strategy is the right long-term move. But honestly, I just wanted to watch it again as soon as I could, so I just bit the bullet.

I think if you own it you own regardless of Amazon streaming. Isn’t it like you bought it from their store, rather than from Prime Video?

When the inevitable cyber war with China comes, we’ll be very happy with our physical media while everyone wonders where their digital copies disappeared to.

2 Likes

It’s not a download, so I don’t have an actual copy to watch on my hard drive. I can just stream it “free” now any time on Amazon. If the movie comes off Prime for whatever reason, I lose it. Granted, this doesn’t happen a lot—it’s really more of a long-term concern.

It’s a slippery slope to buying records again!