General Movie Thread

Anderson Wakeman Bruford? Never heard of that incarnation

I thought it was Average White Band. No wonder everyone is confused.

1 Like

Yes. Just your average white band.

2 Likes

TIL AWB was Scottish.

1 Like

Comparing Aztec Camera to Big Country would have been better.

1 Like

Big Country and the Bay City Rollers is the only comparison I will accept. All tartan and shit music.

I only associate the name, Bay City Rollers, with San Franciscoā€™s Roller Derby team. I have struck any other usage from my memory.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure you realize how psychologically healthy that is.

2 Likes

I ayways confused them with the Bay Area Bombers.

Speaking of, I found this in a shop a while back. I havenā€™t listened to it yet but I bet Iā€™ll find plenty to like that I donā€™t yet know:

What are you waiting for? That looks good!

1 Like

Five disks and Danny Wilson doesnā€™t get a look in?

Also, this lot were bizarrely from Scotland.

1 Like

Ok, I just Googled ā€œScottish bands 80sā€, and I have some more beefs:

Iā€™m a big Lloyd Cole fan but, as Iā€™m sure you know, heā€™s not Scottish.

1 Like

I have a copy of, Donā€™t Get Weird On Me Babe. But never thought about where he was from.

Formed in Glasgow in 1982, according to Wikipedia (where Cole was going to college).

Well, the band was formed in Scotland, but heā€™s from England. He made a couple of records that are best left to the completists, but for the most part you canā€™t go far wrong with anything heā€™s done.

3 Likes

If you havenā€™t sampled The Negatives, do so.

I had no idea The Shamen were Scottish. Probably something to do with this track thatā€™s full of Cockney rhyming slang.

Also, how high do you have to be to come up with that song/video?

I am now wishing that I had kept the index cards to my old mix tapes. I had forgotten about a bunch of this stuff was that was prominently featured on them.