Girl: what did you call me?
Guy: a murderess
Girl: oh thank God, I though you called me a Methodist

3 Likes

Genius.

4 Likes

Passion of the Christ 2: Return of the King

2 Likes

Reminds me of the quote from “A River Runs Through It” that Methodists are Baptists who can read.

3 Likes

Finished watching on my commute flight, a danish movie based on actual events in WWII called, “The Bombardment.”
Absolutely gut wrenching.

A delightful way to spend 4 minutes.

4 Likes

It could apply to modern day Ukraine.

fyi to anyone looking for it, it’s also called The Shadow In My Eye, can’t remember which name it’s under on Netflix.

High quality movie. I’d also recommend another foreign flick: Argentina 1985

1 Like

If you’d said Argentina 1986, I’d think you were trolling me.

1 Like

Yeah, it was under the English title of The Bombardment" but is also under the Danish title on The Netflix.

1 Like

That’s sadly accurate.

Fuck uncle vlad.
Hope he rots in hell.

SOON

1 Like

Wait, Maverick AND Avatar got Best Picture nominations?!?!

OTOH, I’m glad Angela Bassett got recognized

I enjoyed Maverick for what it was.

But best picture nomination?

Silly.

2 Likes

Speaking of Best Picture nominees, Banshees of Inisherin is fucking (or I guess I should say “feckin”) bleak. One of the most depressing movies I’ve ever seen.

I went through that feeling after my viewing, but once I saw it as a parallel to the Irish conflict, or my limited understanding of the Irish conflict, I saw it all differently. Not so much depressing as “mental” in the sister’s lingo; sort of the nature and arguably meaninglessness of the conflict.

If I recall correctly the history of the Irish conflict I was taught, it was a barrel of laughs. Like Angela’s Ashes.

Ditto.

Eo was tough to watch too but I loved it. Definitely the best donkey movie I’ve ever seen made by an octagenarian Polish man.

Real disrespect to Don Knotts in “Gus”

2 Likes

I was ignorant of your reference to Angela’s Ashes and looked it up. Really sets the bar for woe.

1 Like