General Movie Thread

I was really worried about that but he did at least say it’s not an origin story, thank goodness.

I love the DC universe but have never clicked with this era of movies. The Justice League animated show is so good. Maybe the new direction for the movies can capture a little of that charm but in a more mature format.

1 Like

The first 2 Thor movie are generally considered to be the worst marvel movies.

They are also the most DC-like of the Marvel movies.

1 Like

Todd Phillip’s The Joker was a big hit. Sandberg’s Shazam was also considered a hit. Are they not part of the DCEU?

There was an entire TV show about Clark Kent growing up in Smallville.

My understanding was that Joker was not DCEU.

Shazam was a minor hit, and the second best DC behind WW

3 Likes

I saw “The Fabelmans” last night. Save your $19 bucks. What a snoozefest.

Good to know, I’ll add that “Amsterdam” was a massive disappointment, hoping “Babylon” is much better.

Haven’t had a chance to see it yet, but I’ve been told the David Harbour asskicking Santa movie is an absolute blast to watch. That’ll probably be our next theater outing.

I loved Amsterdam. Agreed re: Fabelmans.

I wanted to love it. There was a lot to like (story/cast/cinematography/set production), but somehow the script/dialogue just didn’t do it for me.

It was definitely weird and took some getting used to. For the first third or so I was kind of like: are they fucking with me? But then I figured out: Oh, it’s earnest, and found it endlessly delightful the rest of the way.

Spielberg is so good at the fundamentals of filmmaking that I’ll watch almost anything he does. I have never enjoyed a broadway musical in my life, but West Side Story was so well done from a technical standpoint that I found things to like in every scene. Or when I thought I’d loathe Ready Player One, nope, surprisingly enjoyable.

Even with this in mind, I have absolutely no interest in seeing The Fabelmans.

1 Like

This guy wins Christmas.

2 Likes

You can either give us the cookies, or you can be destroyed.

1 Like

How on earth do you make such a thing?

1 Like

It’s all too easy.

3 Likes

Do I routinely say this?

Absolutely.

1 Like

Well, here’s one example: https://www.instructables.com/Encase-Your-Friends-in-Carbonite/

That’s a bit more effort than I would want to put in, but everybody’s got to have a hobby.

The John McEnroe documentary on Paramount plus/Showtime is really good.

[Obligatory] You can not be serious!