General Movie Thread

She was so hot back then and when

Eh…no.

I do not think that is who you think it is.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that’s in response to a meme that’s making the rounds anew lately:

1 Like

Much. Have.

You may be right…

https://twitter.com/rckffh/status/1585645679422341121?s=20&t=89khLFwZgEKYoF0oPe-DbA

1 Like

I guess they can’t all be Florence Henderson

There seems to be some confusion on the part of the author as to who St. Mary Magdalene was.

3 Likes

Some??

It’s like saying “Mary Lou Retton, the Queen of Scots”

1 Like
5 Likes

The new German made version of, All Quiet on the Western Front, is great. it is streaming on Netflix. I mean, it’s really good. Also the soundtrack by German experimental musician, Volker Bertelmann, is an awesome mix of Blixa Bargeld meets Karl Stockhausen.

1 Like

Released 34 years ago today.

This is out today, streaming on the Roku channel.

I’ve watched about the first 30 minutes of it, and it’s just as ridiculous and cameo filled as expected.

So far, very enjoyable.

No matter how bad the commercials for “Black Adam” made it seem, I assure you, it’s much worse.

1 Like

Just finished it.

Quite a silly, fun ride. Definitely enjoyed it.

2 Likes

I watched the Weird movie yesterday. I’m not much of a fan of Al’s musical schtick as much as I am an admirer of how far he has been able to take that schtick and remain relevant. Don’t get me wrong, I like Weird Al, and I like song parodies, but I consider them more comedy and less music. It’s that same notion that even a great joke gets old but a good song never does. That being said, I thought the movie was a lot of fun and the making a parody of rock band/rock star biopics about a guy who made his career doing parodies of rock band/rock stars was sublime.

2 Likes

If anyone needs me, I’ll be hiding under a rock to avoid Wakanda Forever spoilers.

1 Like

“Give me 2 shots of tequila and a scoop of rum raisin!”

“We don’t serve ice cream!”

“Well, you better start.”

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a more perfect flavor of ice cream for a Weird Al movie/joke than rum raisin.

Guh-ross.

1 Like