General Movie Thread

I hope AFIBD answers yes.

How can this movie not be straight up incredible stupid fun?

1 Like

I can’t remember exactly. I think we handed our cards to the instructor and he did a little roll call to make sure everyone was in the right spot.

My ears perked up immediately.

He was a nice kid (I was in my 40s).

I am a little wary of it. But I was also very wary of Howard Stern’s biopic but that turned out to be excellent.

If there is one human being I trust with funny, it’s Weird Al. And Weird Al says the movie is great.

Ipso facto…

3 Likes

I trust Weird Al with…well, just about anything. If there’s a more straight up guy in the music business, I’ve never seen him.

3 Likes

Me watching the trailer: Oh, so it’s a parody.

Me 2 seconds after thinking that: of course its a parody.

1 Like

When my kids were really kids, my guess is 8-10 for Mark and 5-7 for Elizabeth, we took two week car trips every summer. We had started doing this when Mark was 2 or 3. Our kids brought their music along, of course, and whoever was sitting in the front seat with me got to play his/her music on the car’s system.

I do not know how he managed it, but Mark sat in the front seat more than 50% of the time. I will not bore you or belabor the details, but I heard every parody Weird Al had recorded up to then MANY multiple times.

3 Likes

You obviously raised him well.

#Ilostonjeopardy

1 Like

He loved the guy and his music and maybe still does.

From the NYT article, it’s not a parody at all, though it may exaggerate some parts of his life.

He also said that he was stunned that the lawyers let the Madonna portions go forward.

Apparently it was filmed in 16 days.

1 Like

Madonna apparently thought the script was hilarious and said “go with it”

Reminds me of my younger brother

She always seemed like a nice young lady.

Thor: Love and Thunder was ok, but I just felt it leaned into the genre-bending vibe of the previous movie a little too much.

Spoiler

The tease of Roy Kent as Hercules is promising, though.

My favorite Thor 4 theory:

Summary

The “unreliable narrator” may be in effect - Jane’s bad catchphrases, the kids heroic role, Korg reproducing by holding hands - because it is all Korg telling the story to kids.

Sounds great. Reminds me of another musical biopic spoof “Walk Hard, the Dewey Cox Story”. I hadn’t seen it when it came out, and last Father’s Day I was looking for a funny movie to watch and decided on that one. If you haven’t seen it,it was hilarious, but should have come with a disclaimer about all the full frontal male nudity. Soooo many dicks made the Father’s Day movie a LITTLE uncomfortable to watch with my daughter. (The title song is catchy too, really.)

They actually mention Walk Hard in the review as a comparison point as well as some dissimilarities between the two.

Walk Hard was great and really creative, if it’s anywhere in that neighborhood, it’ll he great.

Get outta here, TJ. You don’t want no part of this shit!

1 Like