Ex Astros News 2024

Think he also added another two Ks

Joey gonna Joey

1 Like

Will Wagner got called up by the Blue Jays. Heā€™ll be active tonight.

1 Like

Ex-Astros front office member Oz Ocampo, credited with a lot of their success in the international market in the Luhnow days, was let go by the Marlins amid housecleaning by their new management. No idea if itā€™s in the cards, but Iā€™d love to see him back in Houston.

8 Likes

Yep, bring him back

3 Likes

Do we know why he ever left the Astros?

Brad Lidge is an archaeologist now. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve heard of a cooler post-MLB career move.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve heard his first official dig site will be in New Mexico. They think theyā€™ve finally located the landing spot of the homer Pujols hit off him in 2005.

7 Likes

Too soon

5 Likes

I think that ball is still in orbit around the Earth.

1 Like

The most meaningful meaningless home run of all time.

3 Likes

Yuli Gurriel has been playing games at 3rd Base in AAA for the Braves since the Braves lost Austin Riley. Might see him back up in the big leagues before the year is out if the Braves get desperate enough.

Heā€™s been hitting pretty well. Heā€™s hitting .294/.381/.488 with 12hr and 48 RBIā€™s. I hope he gets called up and plays well.

Hell, Astros could use him as far as Iā€™m concerned, especially with Bregmanā€™s development. It is my understanding that minor league players can still be dealt and even added to playoff rosters down the line. Iā€™m sure there is a deadline for that as well but would be great to bring him back if a deal could be struck.

2 Likes

Yes, he could be traded for. Players that have not been on any 40-man or Major League IL at any point during the season can be traded at any time. He would just need to be a memeber of the organization by the end of August to be postseason eligible.

1 Like

Woody Williams promoted to assistant coach at U of H:
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/college/article/houston-uh-woody-williams-assistant-coach-19733850.php

1 Like

Yuli has been traded to KC

Well that sucks. I old have loved to have seen him with the good guys instead.

Great move for them and him.

If heā€™s playing today, they will need to put together a tribute video very quickly.

Definitely happy for him.

2 Likes