Ex Astros News 2024

This story of Max Stassi taking a season off last year to care for his premature son is worth your time. Pulling for Jackson and his parents.

8 Likes

Collin McHugh announced his retirement on Instagram.

6 Likes

Congratulations to McQ, and thank you for your service.

You were a good Astro and I’m sure the other clubs you played for were better for having you.

4 Likes

He might not have been the best player on any given team, but he was certainly one of the best people on a lot of teams. He’ll be fun to watch whatever he does next.

9 Likes

Probably not going fishing with Carlos Gomez.

6 Likes

Trey Mancini signs with Miami on a minor league deal. He’s still set to make $7M this season from the Cubs, who signed him to a 2-year deal after ‘22 but released him after half a season. He played a few AAA games for Cincinnati following his release but didn’t make it back to the bigs last year.

I hope he can put things back together on the field. He always seemed like a good teammate.

4 Likes

Per Heyman:

Veteran closer Ken Giles will be throwing a bullpen Friday, Jan 26 in Phoenix for any interested teams. Giles is said to be healthy, and ready to resume MLB career. Medicals provided upon request.

2 Likes

Snap Dragon 2 gave us these gems:

https://x.com/jonsumners/status/1011773209975324672?s=46&t=G2UA3wFRzGnkjCpf41ehhw

https://x.com/sn_mlb/status/1118350578344714240?s=46&t=G2UA3wFRzGnkjCpf41ehhw

1 Like

That McHugh comebacker was millimeters from disaster.

2 Likes

One is a psychiatric evaluation.

1 Like

X-rays of head show nothing

2 Likes

Thanks, Diz.

1 Like

5 votes short for Wagner

Yeah. But Cabrera voted already. (HOF thread)

Josh James signed a minor league deal with the Cardinals. Didn’t pitch in 2023 and he hasn’t thrown more than 30 innings in a season since 2019, but hope springs eternal.

Cubs signed Neris for 1/$9M.

Are you fucking kidding me?!?!

Barf

We couldn’t match that? Or was he desperate to get away for some reason?

Wonder if the Astros were willing to let him walk, and if so, why?

Damn, only one year. That bugs me. I would to see them grab one more arm in the bully. He’d have been perfect.