Ex Astros News 2024

JD Davis to the Yankees.

Keuchel from Seattle AAA Tacoma to the Brewers (and likely their rotation) for cash.

He has a 3.93 ERA in 13 starts at AAA this year.

1 Like

One ex-Astro (named J. D.) rejected a offer during ST that led to pivotal Mets signing of another ex-Astro (named J. D.)

Aledmys Diaz DFA’d by Oakland. Bad year last year, hurt most of this year, didn’t hit once he came back. Probably the end for him. Good Astro.

3 Likes

Devo signs a minor-league deal with Seattle.

White Sox DFA’d Maldy.

1 Like

Not sure what his plans are but it sure would be good to see him coaching in some capacity in Houston.

7 Likes

He was a great Astro.

3 Likes

Keuchel DFA’d by Brewers.

If he’s ready to be done playing, I would love for him to be a roving minor league instructor. He could go around and kind of teach pitchers and catchers how to gameplan for hitters

1 Like

Jake Rogers, who never played with the Astros but was a part of the big Verlander trade back in 17, is having a pretty good season behind the plate for the Tigers. The other night, he had a fun run around the bases

He was probably the lowest rated prospect traded behind Franklin Perez and Daz Cameron but has had the best MLB Career of the three.

8 Likes

Yeah – That trade is illustrative of the challenge we have evaluating “hot prospects” in the minors. As I recall, though, the bloom was already off the Daz rose by that time. Perez was the one I really hated for us to lose, but I was pretty high on Jake at the time, too. I’m glad it worked out for him. And, of course, for the Astros. I’m sure we would all make that trade with a time machine.

1 Like

I always liked him as a catcher, whenever way back when

Probably not a great sign that my first thought was “if I hustled like that for 360 feet I’d probably have a heart attack.”

4 Likes

Josh Rojas in the Grienke deal is another one.

Gotta take ratings with a grain of salt and prospects are just prospects until they actually prove it.

Can’t not improve in the next week just to hold on to prospects.

1 Like

Remember the 3 pitchers we traded to Miami for Moises?

I don’t either.

3 Likes

I remember the guys we traded for Randy Johnson. Thought Freddy Garcia and Carlos Guillen were going to stars. (not quite) John Halama carving out a bit of a career in MLB was a surprise.

1 Like

Neither were stars but both were incredibly solid and had really 15 year good careers. The Astros paid a huge price for Johnson

1 Like

hehehehe

1 Like

Randy Johnson jokes never get old.

1 Like