Ex Astros News 2024

As recently as May he was still playing as an OF in AAA for the White Sox. So he’s very early in his transition to pitching. I’m rooting for him

1 Like

What an athlete. Rooting for him as well.

Well, shit. He already got signed. By the Yankees to a minor league deal, as a pitcher.

And from my interactions with him when he was in Greeneville. A better person than an athlete. Very easy to want good things for him!

1 Like

Joey 1 for 5 in a Blue Jay loss today w/ 2 Ks.

Like Joey, my post about his “painful” goodbye, might have been inadvertently been planted in the most appropriate location…

Loperfido 2 hits, one a triple, plus 2 runs scored, Friday night, thru 7 innings.

Think he also added another two Ks

Joey gonna Joey

1 Like

Will Wagner got called up by the Blue Jays. He’ll be active tonight.

1 Like

Ex-Astros front office member Oz Ocampo, credited with a lot of their success in the international market in the Luhnow days, was let go by the Marlins amid housecleaning by their new management. No idea if it’s in the cards, but I’d love to see him back in Houston.

8 Likes

Yep, bring him back

3 Likes

Do we know why he ever left the Astros?

Brad Lidge is an archaeologist now. I don’t think I’ve heard of a cooler post-MLB career move.

5 Likes

I’ve heard his first official dig site will be in New Mexico. They think they’ve finally located the landing spot of the homer Pujols hit off him in 2005.

7 Likes

Too soon

5 Likes

I think that ball is still in orbit around the Earth.

1 Like

The most meaningful meaningless home run of all time.

3 Likes

Yuli Gurriel has been playing games at 3rd Base in AAA for the Braves since the Braves lost Austin Riley. Might see him back up in the big leagues before the year is out if the Braves get desperate enough.

He’s been hitting pretty well. He’s hitting .294/.381/.488 with 12hr and 48 RBI’s. I hope he gets called up and plays well.