Ex-Astros News 2023

Roger Clemens will be on the ESPN broadcast of Astros vs White Sox on 3/30.

I liked Lowrie a lot. He was one of those guys for me who were born to be Astros. He did not want to be traded away, especially the second time after he had signed a 3-year deal.

2 Likes

Just noticed the ā€œlooking forward to new opportunities in the gameā€ part at the endā€¦Stros should find him something to do.

The week after the second time he was traded I happened to be sitting at a table for a fundraiser lunch for Children at Risk next to his wife. She had just started working her second week working for the charity. They still live in Houston.

2 Likes

I really hated the trade, but I think Bregman made him expendable. He was a good Astro.

Verlander starts season on IL.

But heā€™s getting paid.

And so it beginsā€¦.

ā€œNot best case, but not seriousā€

Cabrera is everywhere talking about JV.

Couldnā€™t help but to see how Yuli is doing so far. So far, in 21 at bats, heā€™s hitting .381/.409/.571 with 8 hits, 1 being a hr and 1 being a double. Glad to see he is playing well and I hope he continues to have success.

9 Likes

We may get to see Siri In Tampaā€¦.

4 Likes

Pillar tries to go Bump Bailey on the wall and Yuli gets an inside the park HR

https://twitter.com/IsaacAzout/status/1651039222084644864

2 Likes

Yuli is my boo

1 Like

Heā€™ll always be an Astro

4 Likes

Vince Velasquez - seven scoreless innings with a season-high 10 strikeouts for the Bucs.

1 Like

Rumble Ponies?

https://twitter.com/milb/status/1652026904478879744?s=46&t=_4W-U911mubCNOp4yJ1_OQ

from wiki: Binghamton is known as the ā€œCarousel Capital of The Worldā€, and the fans picked the nickname as a tribute to that in '16

Robinson Chirinos announced his retirement.

He and Maldy made up a great catching tandem in 19.

His teammates and the media around here (both print and radio/TV) all sang his praises as a stand up guy who was good to be around.

Happy retirement.

5 Likes

This was my first thought yesterday when I read he was retiring. That was such a great year and was a historic great team.
Karma got us, not the Nationals.

2 Likes