Ex-Astros News 2023

Ditto, an excellent mlb career begun late in his playing life.

4 Likes

GURRIELā€¦HASā€¦TIED IT!

5 Likes

If you donā€™t hear that just by looking at the screen shot, what kind of fan are you?

7 Likes

I did, and I agree.

1 Like

I assumed you did, I meant in general.

There must be some injury or physical problem for him to get only a non-roster contract. He is one year removed from a batting title, he had a good post season and he is an elite first baseman.

Honestly one of Bucks best calls

3 Likes

He had a slew of them.

I know he irritates a lot of people.

But Iā€™m glad he called so many great moments for the Astros.

1 Like

Pretty sure Iā€™ve said this before but itā€™s not so much his PBP thatā€™s annoying, itā€™s all the stuff he says when heā€™s not doing PBP

2 Likes

I think he is great at the play by play but sometimes his between plays banter annoys me. I acknowledge, Iā€™m easily annoyed.

I would take Joe Buck over Gus Johnson any day.

4 Likes

I thought he was great in Brockmire.

And lest we forget, a magnificent hair career

1 Like

Evidently there was no contract offer to Yuli from Houston. Hate to hear that but you have to trust the judgement of the GM and owner. Having said that, I hope Gurriel has a great comeback year.

ā€œNo contract offerā€ doesnā€™t necessarily mean there were no negotiations or interest. It could very well mean they were too far apart for it go any further than discussion.

1 Like

Phillies released Appel:

A career 1.74 ERA in the Bigs.

Goofy comment aside, I continue to be amazed at how often the ā€œsure betsā€ never pan out.

1 Like

I had no idea he was still around the game.

Jed Lowrie retired (his announcement below)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqIt7b8LAiH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Always liked him.

5 Likes