Ex-Astros News 2023

1 Like

Josh Rojas worked out for the D-Backs but the other 3 players in the Greinke trade (including Seth Beer and Corbin Martin) have not…

BTW, Beer and Bukauskas were 1st rounders while Martin was a 2nd rounder. Rojas? 26th rounder.

I guess that’s why they were considered as tradable by the Astros.

Funny that Rojas was the one player Luhnow was balking at giving…that dude knew his shit.

2 Likes

When you see one player traded for four prospects, it rarely works out for the team getting the four prospects. Rarely.

2 Likes

From the other thread:

1 Like

Another related example: The Mariners did alright on the Randy Johnson trade, if you figure he was probably leaving as a free agent anyway.

Instead of two months of Johnson, they got 5+ years of Freddy Garcia, 6 years of Carlos Guillen, and 4 years of John Halama.

3 Likes

truth.

Reminds me of that old Pittsburgh Pirates trade with the hated Yankees - Doc Medich to Pittsburgh for Willie Randolph, Ken Brett, and Dock Ellis. Plenty of trades go the other way though as you say.

As far as multi-player for 1 Astros trades, Moises for Henriquez/Barrios/Johnson is probably my favorite.

1 Like

Taylor Jones back to the AL West.

Cubs have signed Trey Mancini to a two year deal with an opt out. No report as of yet on the dollars.

EDIT: The contract is $14M for 2 years.

1 Like

Good for Trey. I hope he hits 30 homers.

5 Likes

All against the Cardinals.

3 Likes

Marisnick signed a minor league deal with the White Sox.

JB Bukauskas claimed by Mariners

Jon SIngleton DFA’s by Brewers.

3 Likes

I bet Greinke hasn’t bought groceries lately.

It makes a little more sense when you learn that the quote is from 2009.

2 Likes