Ex-Astros News 2022

The Astros don’t regret trading Musgrove for Cole, but the Blue Jays might regret trading him for JA Happ.

9 Likes

He’s been good for a couple+ years. His problem early in his career was throwing too many strikes, hittable ones, and he’s obviously moved beyond that.

Listen up. Watch and learn Urquidy.

Any case anyone’s been wondering what Luhnow is up to these days:

This seems like… maybe not the best quote:

“All sports have used technology to create advantages, and that is what we want to do,” Luhnow said. “We have a group of people with experience including the Premier League and the MLS who know how to use technology, and Leganes can take advantage of that. Soccer is a bit behind other sports … but that is going to change in the coming years.”

Jim Deshaies is 61 years young today, so happy birthday to him!

Mark Appel has been called up by the Phillies.

Wow, out of the blue the Cubs up and DFA’d Jonathan Villar (which didn’t help my OWA fantasy team any).

In other news Gerrit Cole took the L today as his team failed to record a hit.

No word on what hat he’s wearing in the postgame.

10 Likes

Here’s what he said about the game:

“We’ve got two world-class offenses out here today,” Cole said. “Obviously, I personally have a ton of respect for the guys on the other side of the field. We were pretty good today and we got outpitched, so tip of the cap to Javier. Special day for him.”

3 Likes

That’s pretty decent.

1 Like

That’s actually very magnanimous of him. I’m impressed. But I’ll still never forgive him for that bullshit after Game 7 of the ‘19 WS.

2 Likes

That’s bullshit. He has zero respect for the Houston Astros and he can choke on a bag of dicks.

3 Likes

Let’s meet in the middle.

He can have respect for the Astros and choke on a bag of dicks.

4 Likes

Maybe I didn’t express myself well. That’s pretty decent for that shitbag Cole.

1 Like

You really need to work on more openly expressing your feelings.

1 Like

I’ll try not to put too fine a point on it next time.

Greinke gets the win 2-1 against the Rangers

1 Like

Also, this is great.

Honestly if I was the guy with the ball, I would be pretty amused too