Ex-Astros News 2022

A lot of the Greinke stories I hear, that everyone reacts to like, “Oh how funny Greinke is, finally a ball player with personality,” I am thinking: Man, that guy sounds like a dick.

1 Like

Agreed. That was not amusing, it was Greinke being a dickhead.

1 Like

Totally fucked up throwing a kid’s ball away

1 Like

I don’t think that’s a kid.

Could be wrong.

The autism spectrum is an interesting place. Don’t think that there was any harm meant.

1 Like
1 Like

I think I’m calling BS on the story. Greinke is a different sort of guy, but based on stories I’ve read this seems way out of character for him.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe. The story got a lot of play. I was assuming.

It was a high school kid and this is unacceptable behavior.

Yikes, did not know it was a kid and initially chalked it up as another oddity in the life of Greinke, like another story from an article about his quirkiness. It’s a shame he didn’t sign one from the bullpen and make it right before this story went viral.

1 Like

FWIW:

The team acknowledges Greinke threw the ball over the netting and into the stands but says he wasn’t simply doing it for his own amusement. Greinke saw Waterworth push younger fans out of the way to get the ball, the Royals said.

Waterworth denies that and said he has heard from fans at the game who attest that he didn’t push any kids.

But the Royals say others witnessed Waterworth pushing aside young children to get to Greinke.

We’ll probably never know what really happened.

1 Like

And we’ll probably all be ok.

6 Likes

I, for one, am happy for the guy.

Super Jack DFA’d by the Angels.

Yep, Cabrera told us, (I put it in the wrong thread).

Colin Moran DFA’d.

TV crawler says Keuchel is DFA’d

Too bad.

But if this is it he’s still had a hell of a career and I’ll enjoy seeing him when the team reunions start.

Agreed. I wish he’d have thought it through more, but he was a good Astros and contributed a lot to the team’s success.

2 Likes

Not completely sure we would have got Verlander had Keuchel not have stepped in and put in a good word. What a great year 2017 was.

1 Like