Ex-Astros News 2022

Yes. But he came over from Oakland in a trade; not home-grown talent.

Smithā€™s Huntington Disease charity is having a gala at MMP tonight.

2 Likes

So first it was the TOS surgery that killed most of his 2021 season. Then it was pectoral surgery in March that shelved him for most of this season. And now on a minor league rehab heā€™s suffered a groin injury which might hinder him returning to the bigs before year end.

If so, Will Harris will have pitched a grand total of 23 innings with the Nats after signing that 3 yr/$24MM FA deal after the 2019 season.

Wow.

I was just wondering about him yesterday.

Thanks for sharing this.

GMs have opt-outs in their contracts tooā€¦

All downhill since the bad luck karma-driven ball off the foul pole.

Not that anyone is surprised

I am shocked, I tells ya. Shocked.

Your winnings, sir.

2 Likes

He hasnā€™t exactly made a case for someone to offer him a 10 year contract this year by his performance.

Agree. Iā€™ve watch a lot of Twins baseball (always been my second favorite team after Houston) and I was beginning to think that he wouldnā€™t opt out. Heā€™s just been ā€œsolid,ā€ not great. Heā€™s not getting $35M/year going forward, but he might get a longer term contract for sure. There will be some contenders looking for shortstops in the off season so thatā€™s good for him, but he hasnā€™t produced in clutch situations this year and the power is down.

I had no clue if or where he was playing.

Me neither. We play Seattle often and I donā€™t recall him in a game.

1 Like

Heā€™d only pitched in a handful of games, but he was yet to give up a run. He had six strikeouts in his 4.1 innings pitched.

He is Tim Redding personified. I wonder if heā€™d be a reclamation project for an org that specializes in such things.

Or maybe he could be a coach!

10 Likes

That might be punching above his weight

3 Likes

Mental skills?