Ex-Astros News 2022

Way crazier than Redding. Not back to this org for sure.

Heā€™d definitely be the best pitcher at Arkham Asylum.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a little on the harsh side.

I hear the Joker has a mean curve

No, Arkham is about as harsh as they come

In much lighter news. Brett Phillips has a new number with the Oā€™s. The back of his jersey now reads:

Phillips 66

Gotta love this kid! He helps keep baseball fun.

Also how many career .173 hitters get a tribute video upon returning to their old team.

6 Likes

I had lost track of Cionel Perez, but he is having a good year for the Oā€™s. Picked up 6 wins and a save in late game bullpen work and cut down on walks. He always had wicked stuff.

He was one of my disappointments. I was excited we signed him and expected great things. I am happy to learn he figured things out and is having success.

2 Likes

I did not remember him throwing 98 when he was with Houston.

The colonel got promoted to general

1 Like

According to Baseball Savant, his fast ball was 95.3 in 2018 and has been 96.7 this year. In 2020, it had dropped to 95 even so almost 2 MPH over the last two years is significant increase.

It also appears he has stopped throwing his change up since he has become a reliever.

1 Like

What I remember watching him in RR a few times was 95-96 at times and 92-94 consistently. 98 is impressive, and even more so if his FB has movements.

1 Like

That makes my day! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The Greatest Player Ever had a really bone-headed play last night in the 10th. Sierra started out on 2nd as the Manfred Man after Correa gunned him down to end the 9th. Somebody sacrificed him to 3rd, and then Ohtani was intentionally walked. Next guy up ends up hitting a line drive into shallow center, and Buxton comes in and makes a sprawling, diving catch. Thereā€™s no way heā€™s going to be able to get up fast enough and deliver a good enough throw to get Sierra tagging from 3rd. Luckily for him, Ohtani had taken off for some reason, and Buxton could get up in time to double him off before Sierra scored. Knucklehead.

2 Likes

Happened to me in my car when I said his name talking to Mark.

1 Like

Hey Siri has an rbi last night