Electric Vehicles

And dude…that’s a minivan.

1 Like

I think I saw one of those yesterday in the wild.

Looked pretty sharp.

Technically, no. But it’s not a pussy wagon, that’s for sure.

Every car on the market is a station wagon until proven otherwise.

2 Likes

People can kid themselves all they want that they drive an SUV, but they drive minivans. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Mrs Hawk drives a QX60. Which is a minivan.

1 Like

“I drive a crossover SUV”. Dude…you drive a mini station wagon.

1 Like

In the UK they’re called “Estates”, unless you (or, more likely, your Daddy) actually have an estate, in which case they’re called “Shooting Breaks”.

My wife loves minivans, and will only buy minivans. For years she drove Chrysler Town and Countries, and now she drives Chrysler Pacificas. They are the most useful cars in the world, and for long road trips, buying Christmas trees, hauling large trash to the dump, and hauling people they are the most useful and convenient cars on the road. I hate to be seen driving it, but it sure is convenient.

1 Like

I don’t disagree about their utility. But if we’re gonna drive vans, we really ought to bring these babies back.

2 Likes

Only if upholstered with shag carpet.

1 Like

Barry White approved.

2 Likes

Seeing that, Limey may be reconsidering the van life.

1 Like

One of my high school track coaches, Calvin White (alternate on the 4x400m relay at the 1968 Olympics), had that set up. And a vanity license platte: CAL VAN.

It was amazing. No notes.

3 Likes

If Buckee’s was British.

FYI, if the presenter - Robert Llewellyn - seems familiar, it’s because he played Kryten on Red Dwarf.

Remember when Elon was going to build a hyper loop in Las Vegas to zip people up and down the strip in seconds, but ended up building a tunnel under a car park through which people can ride in a Tesla driven by a human?

The Boring Company’s scarce output — which thus far amounts only to driving Teslas around a few miles of neon-lit tunnel underneath Sin City as they ferry convention attendees at no more than 40 miles per hour — has also come with a massive buildup of waste, the consistency of a milkshake, that’s said to burn the skin of anyone who comes in contact with it.

Maybe Elon is trying to create an army of mutated turtles…

He only dreams of being that cool

1 Like

Elon has been pimping his new roadster that will totally be available next year and will be totally awesome. He claims the least interesting stat is 0-60 in less than 1 second.

Anyone who has read the Hyperion cantos knows where this ends.

Honestly, Tesla being a modern-day analog for the Pax and turning passengers into hamburger meat would make a lot of sense.

2 Likes

Rooting for the Shrike against Elon

1 Like

I guess it wasn’t news, but the Apple Car is dead.

I would never have remembered my password anyway.

1 Like