Electric Vehicles

Oops.

On the other hand, it’s only a part time job seeing as he’s also the CEO of Xchan, SpaceX and The Boeing Company.

Also, I saw someone describe Tesla as the BlackBerry of EVs and it sounds about right.

• The Model S/X platform is decades old and sells in very limited numbers these days.

• The Model 3/Y platform itself is a decade old and the current incarnations are all-but identical to that original model.

Tesla’s lineup has been surpassed by better offerings from more established companies - who are all about to get access to Tesla’s Supercharger network - and the response was the CuberTruck.

Yep. BlackBerry.

Without the silly ass vanity projects burning capital and with an actual return to mission for the company, Tesla could put themselves in an unassailable position. With Musk’s continuing spiral into absurdity, the company may get hit hard by the market.

Dropping Musk would lead to a stock drop because of fanboys. However, as operational and strategic focus returns, so will the stock price and it will be on a firmer foundation.

1 Like

Opening up the SuperCharger network - the jewel in Tesla’s crown - is going to prove to be the dumbest thing he ever did. And that includes buying Xchan.

How is it dumb?

The SC stations are going to be packed with non-Teslas because they work and Electrify America et al’s stations are shitty and unreliable.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Elon’s the CEO of the Boring Company rather than aerospace giant Boeing, but now that you mention it the doors of Boeing planes are falling off mid flight so maybe Elon has some involvement there, too.

2 Likes

The stainless steel shells of CyberTrucks are tarnishing already.

CT owners are going to need to order some Bar Keeper’s Friend…a lot of it.

That’s called “patina”. Usually you pay extra for it at the custom shop.

2 Likes

Elon has suspended Alexei Navalny’s wife’s account on XChan.

He needs to lose his security clearance.

ETA: Account has since been reinstated after the public outcry.

What was the initial reason he gave for suspending her account?

His idol probably suggested it.

Back to Limey’s threat to live the van life, this is really cool.

When CyberTruck owners gather to see which one of them has the smallest dick, and then this guy shows up…

These have been around for a while for trucks and SUV’s. And look pretty stupid.

Have to admit, they are pretty cool on that cybertruck.

1 Like

I guess as long as the conversion makes them useful for what you need, who cares what they look like. But if it’s just compensation…

Saw my first cybertruck in the wild last weekend on the 101 freeway near Sunnyvale in Silicon Valley. Much bigger than I thought, and looked like it was inspired by the WWII DUKWs. Can’t imagine it being popular with many beyond the techbro fan boys.

I saw one pulling out of the River Oaks Shopping District the other day. It wasn’t quite as dumb looking in person, but it still looked pretty dumb.

I saw a couple of these on the road in Norway a couple of weeks ago. They are already for sale over there. Talk about going after a niche EV market from a completely separate direction than the cyber truck.

Want an electric Range Rover for half the price of an electric Range Rover?

As Marques points out, Kia is doing an incredible job of remaking its brand image with the switch to EVs.

That is very cool. He’s a good reviewer.

1 Like