Electric Vehicles

I don’t think that’s a help or a hinderance, to be honest

1 Like

The last bike I owned was a number of years ago, and it was stolen within days (like 2 or 3) of me buying it from the apartment building’s “secure” bike lockup.

Probably would’ve been safer chained to a fence outside.

Don’t know how much this one weighs, it looks cool though

1 Like

[T1000 Voice]. Nice bike.

E-Bikes seem to be evolving quicker than electric cars. They’re all-but done with the grafting of batteries onto existing bike chassies (?) and are onto making ground-up e-bikes with batteries integrated into the frames.

Hover bikes.

I understand there’s been progress in the field of hover bikes.

1 Like

I understand that they’re still having a problem with the strings being visible.

IMG_0758

3 Likes

Is liking this a sign of a mid-life crisis?

Asking for a friend.

1 Like

You got your moped. You’re done.

1 Like

He could hoist it in the bed but it weighs 70 pounds.

1 Like

This is an angle of the CyberTruck rarely used in media hits.

Dumpster on wheels.

1 Like

Looks like one of them 70s popup campers.

Ryan Klesko, ladies and gentlemen…

The Tesla CyberTruck is meh.

FTR, I sold my car a couple of weeks ago and haven’t missed it. I had to go to a meeting yesterday, and was very happy not to be driving in that rain (I was riding in an Uber). I like driving, but I hate driving in Houston, so I’m not missing anything.

I’ve spent about $30 in Ubers for journeys that I would otherwise have driven, so I’m saving over $700 on the month so far.

2 Likes

Besides being money you are not spending, the $700 in savings is sort of an arbitrary figure. You could have been “saving” less if you had chosen a less expensive vehicle to lease. Or if you had been driving a 20 year old auto long since paid for. But nevertheless, I commend you for choosing a greener and less consumptive alternative.

1 Like

You are correct. I could have got a cheaper car, but I would still be leaving money on the table regardless. A cheaper/older car is going to cost more in maintenance and insurance is still insurance.

Unless I’m going to be splooging more than $200/month on Ubers (and I’m not going to be anywhere close), I’m going to be saving money even compared to owning a beater for which I paid cash.

The fact that you’re doing it in one of the most automobile dependent cities in the U.S., if not the world is certainly food for thought.

1 Like

I am rather unusually positioned for this as I work from home and have zero familial obligations. Even when I had a car, I would leave it behind most of the time when going out because alcohol.

2 Likes

So the more you drink, the more money you save? Like Mrs Hawk explaining how much money she saved by buying a bunch of useless shit because it was on sale.

2 Likes