Electric Vehicles

The CyberTruck looks worse on the road. Worse and small.

https://x.com/EastEndJoe/status/1707033804093919668

That’s not a real cybertruck. It’s a fake somewhere overseas.

The most brilliant things are typically the most simple. This is one of those things:

3 Likes

Not electric, but I pulled up next to one of the new Corvettes today. Damn that is NOT an attractive vehicle. It’s a chunky mix of angles and scoops that couldn’t possibility serve a function. It made me sad, as it used to have elegant lines and curves . Now it’s something out of a Mad Max movie.

Lifted straight from modern American car designers guidebook.

It looks like a fucked up copy of a McLaren P1.

From this gorgeous work of art:

To this monstrosity in just 60 short years:

At least it’s not a CyberTruck.

1 Like

Point of pedantry: that top one is a Sting Ray, not a Stingray. The new ones DO look like a McLaren knock-off.

1 Like

For comparison: The McLaren P1

At least the McLaren has some curves.

And yes, the new Vette reminded me of a CyberTruck. Like it’s got to disrupt enemy radar.

1 Like

The corvette is now a mid engine so the side scoops may actually do something.

The front grill thingies are there to aerate the frunk no doubt.

(It looks like a Max Headroom transformer)

1 Like

It’s still ugly as fuck.

1 Like

Apropos nothing: My brother’s first wife (who sadly passed away at 38 from cancer) was the cousin of Amanda Pays, who was the female lead in the Max Headroom movie.

2 Likes

The digital consultancy part of my shop, 18F, is full of mellinials and their nickname for me is Max (Headroom). Ha.

3 Likes

I’ve been riding my bike around quite a bit, but today I made my first foray to the store (hardware). It involved dealing with a major road which is something I have shied away from, but Sunday afternoon is about as benign as it’s going to get.

I got very lucky with traffic so the main road was not that big of a deal in the end. Having the throttle to launch you up to 20mph means that traffic doesn’t close you down that quickly.

I am also paranoid about the thing being stolen, so I wanted to make sure I had all my anti-theft gizmos in place before leaving it outside anywhere. A hardware store, is frequented by pick-up trucks that could throw my bike into the back and drive off before anyone realized.

I have special bolt heads for the seat post, handlebars and a “tag box” containing an AirTag, which require a special tool to turn, so that should confound any accessory pilferage. I made sure to lock it properly to the fence so that the heave into a truck wasn’t an option either.

I am happy to say that everything was there upon my return. Even my iPhone that I left in the clamp on the handlebars.

2 Likes

Son, you’re in Texas. Everyplace is frequented by pick-up trucks. I’m glad you are enjoying your bike.

3 Likes

Faster to steal:

Limey’s bike or the catalytic converter on the truck parked next to it?

1 Like

My bike weighs about 70lbs if that helps.

Sounds like you’ve made it time consuming to steal which is the best strategy.

2 Likes