Electric Vehicles

When you all die and turn into gasoline, I’m hoping to put some of you in my gas tank. JackAstros is on the list.

1 Like

Wonder if Towlie became a teacher? After all, her grandfather was a “vice-principle” of Austin High School.

1 Like

Could she have than written the next great “Jack Sutherford” novel?

2 Likes

Welcome to “Wayback Wednesday” on OWA!

2 Likes

I’d be hard pressed to explain why but “486 FUCKING DOLLARS A SHARE? WHAT THE FUCK, MAN!?” still kills me.

Lurch, JackAstro, sporadic, MikeyBoy, strosray, Zipp, rebeljew - I miss some of those guys.

3 Likes

Also incredibly overlooked:

Hudson posted this:

Towlie is fine. She’s just young, which means she simultaneously knows everything and nothing. I was that way until I realized I didn’t know shit about 99% of the universe. The knowlege of ignorance is the beginning of wisdom.

HUDSON!

3 Likes

I was so much older then
I’m younger than that now

4 Likes

I’ve told my dad that it’s amazing how dumb he got in a few short years, then smart again in just as few.

When I was a kid, he was the smartest person in the world. There was nothing he didn’t know, no question he couldn’t answer, no problem he couldn’t solve. I never worried because Dad would always take care of it. It never occurred to me that he might not know how. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized he was probably scared shitless of what I might do at any given moment, but somehow held it together.

4 Likes

How about HD? He was a never ending source of entertainment. And didn’t he coin some of the most used words and phrases in the OWA lexicon?

1 Like

Indeed he did. As I have said many times, I watched a game with him once. The boy was nice but intense!

Mark Twain had a quote that went something like this. When I was 16 my father was an idiot. When I was 21 he was a genius. It is amazing what that man learned in 5 years.

I did not see him in that thread. I thought about him though. HD was always nice to me, but I’m a nice person so people tend to be that way to me.

2 Likes

This seems like a bit of a dick move.

Yeah, all those dirty and disgusting common people.

1 Like

To be fair, if the only seat available was next to Musk, I’d chose to stand.

5 Likes

That’s inside the box thinking.

I’d choose to throw him off.

3 Likes

Make him dig the HyperLoop tunnels by hand.

1 Like

Tesla may well be his legacy.

It is a significant entity in the auto industry and got there using electrons as a power source. Pretty remarkable.

But the pile of narcissistic filth he spews forth may make Tesla a footnote in his sordid bio.

1 Like

“What’s that horrible smell down there?”
“Oh, that’s just the tunnel’s musk”