Electric Vehicles

I wonder why?

1 Like

It’s a mystery.

1 Like

Every time I start my 68 Charger R/T one of these electric cars die.

If your '68 guzzles fuel like my 1970 426 Hemi Charger R/T did, every time you start it you expand the use case for EVs.

You are probably right. It gets horrible fuel mileage but sure is a lot of fun to drive. Was your hemi car an automatic or 4 speed? 70’s are beautiful cars.

FIFY

1 Like

Most importantly…every time you start it, I get to retire one day sooner.

2 Likes

No A/C, manual steering, manual brakes, but automatic transmission. I rebuilt the engine in '77 but I couldn’t find the 10:1 street hemi pistons anywhere, whereas the 12.5:1 race hemi pistons were readily available. I had to put insanely expensive octane booster in the tank or use 50-50 aviation gasoline just to run it. It would burn through at least one starter per month. I always carried a spare and could change a starter in the parking lot without a jack in under ten minutes.

I sold it to a guy who put it on the track and then went off to Tech.

1 Like

I had an old International Scout with electronic ignition, and the damn module would go out regularly. All the Scout guys would carry a spare around with them to swap out at a moments notice. We called it the “gold box”.

1 Like

Sounds like a great car. That is certainly the holy grail of Dodge Chargers you owned. Today, that car is likely worth 6 figures. I bet it was a handful to drive with a 12.5:1 Hemi. Would love to see a picture of it if you ever run across one.

Didn’t Towlie teach us all that we’d never run out of fossil fuels?

1 Like

I don’t remember the specifics, at all, but I do remember seeing Towelie entrench vigorously in whatever debate it was that led to his/her downfall.

Would have made a WWI general blush.

And I recall the “ah, Radiohead” line under the avatar.

As long as the Jurassic Park franchise keeps churning out content we ought to be groovy.

1 Like

Was he/she one of those abiotic oil goofballs?

I think he/she/they/them was one of those all of the above goofballs.

1 Like

I always posited her as sort of a Save a Stegosaurus, ride a bike kinda gal, but there was a lot going on there, and it was often difficult to draw a particularly good bead on any of it.

For everyone’s (re)viewing pleasure:

1 Like

I follow him on Twitter but I’d be overjoyed if JackAstro would start hanging out here again.

6 Likes

Total agreement here.

Also, I’m totally glossing over the fact that was 14 fucking years ago.