Electric Vehicles

A perfect storm of those two opposite forces.

Also, don’t underestimate Tesla’s decision to immolate perhaps its greatest market advantage by opening the SuperCharger network to other brands, notably Ford.

I liked this analogy:

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 8.41.57 AM

3 Likes

Letting non-Teslas use their charging stations is the best thing (not for the company, but for the country) Musk has ever done.

3 Likes

I’m not sure it was by choice. I believe that any future federal infrastructure dollars coming his way were subject to them not being used to propagate a closed system.

1 Like

I don’t keep up with this stuff, but is there any plan to have a universal charging system? I don’t have to put in a different wall socket to plug in a certain brand of TV, or drive around to find the proper gas nozzle that fits my car.

… YET!

1 Like

All US charging stations are to use Tesla’s NACS charging port going forward (and just weeks after that announcement Musk laid off his entire SuperCharger team for…reasons). Adapters are available both ways, which will be the norm for a while, but eventually the non-Tesla CCS charge ports will go the way of Betamax.

FYI, the connection protocols are identical; the adapters are just making square pegs fit into round holes and vice versa.

1 Like

Now that I think about it, I’m shocked Apple doesn’t have proprietary wall sockets.

3 Likes

They had the Lightning connector at the other end…

Gouging for iSockets?

1 Like

I don’t know when these guys are going to stop rendering their absolutely fantastic designs and start, you know, making them, but I’m here for it when they do.

The NightWolf. Another stunner.

The shovel for burying bodies comes as standard, apparently.

I guess mounting a jerry can of gas is unnecessary.

That’s a fun looking rig.

1 Like

They asked how more black could it be, and they said “None. None more black.”

1 Like

Elon is probably screaming at his design teams even as we’re typing.

2 Likes

A popular thing to do with hunting ranch trucks in mesquite country was to powder coat (rhino line) the whole thing, and the standard color was black. None more black, none more scratches.

1 Like

Now up to 4 recalls on the $100,000+ CyberTruck

I was driving behind one of these abominations two nights ago in a rain storm. It was kicking up more water/mist than a semi without mudflaps. Nothing about the design of that thing reveals any sort of respect for your fellow (man) person. From the shin shattering front end to the horrible sight lines to the splatter. It’s all about “look at me”.

2 Likes

Of course it is. Whose brainchild is it?

The incelDorado is now averaging a recall every 7 weeks.

4 Likes

I’ve also heard it called incEl Camino. Although that would be inaccurate I suppose.