Electric Vehicles

I am more fond of of the crude, Britishism: WankPanzer.

2 Likes

This is great news for everyone except Tesla shareholders.

It also means we get to see the R3. :raised_hands:

1 Like

If you build it, they will come.

https://www.fastcompany.com/91153405/even-amtrak-was-surprised-by-the-instant-popularity-of-its-new-chicago-twin-cities-route

Even Amtrak was surprised by the instant popularity of its new Chicago-Twin Cities route

The success of the new Amtrak Borealis bodes well for other regional train routes.

The Amtrak Borealis, a new rail line connecting Chicago and Minneapolis-St. Paul, has only been operating for about a month, but already thousands of passengers have taken the trip. That ridership has exceeded Amtrak’s expectations—and hints at the growing desire among Americans to travel by train.

Amtrak’s Borealis launched on May 21. In June, the line’s first full month of service, it saw more than 18,500 riders. That averages about 300 passengers a day, in each direction. That’s close to maximum capacity, though because not every passenger rides the full length of the route, Amtrak can sell the same seat multiple times, which makes counting total capacity a bit tricky. Trains are also resizable, so Amtrak could add more capacity over time, if the contracts and equipment availability allow.

For context, 300 passengers a day is the equivalent of two 737s.

If I lived in Chicago and had easy access to get to Minneapolis (or any other place actually), I’d hope on any transportation available as well.

1 Like

For some reason idiots are always surprised when people like things that are wildly popular. I can’t wait to see the expression of surprise at the full trains when the Las Vegas - Rancho Cucamonga Express begins service in 2047.

1 Like

…just ahead of the Houston-Dallas-Austin triangle service.

1 Like

Especially as trains are far less impacted by the weather.

Triangles and trains are both for queers, son. Here in America we like nice STRAIGHT roads. With plenty of gas stations.

1 Like

Triangles are a scam. Trapezoids are the way to go. That extra side makes all the difference.

1 Like

Edinburgh to London - a bit over 400 miles. I count 35 trains on today’s schedule that take between 4 to 6 hours to make the trip.

San Francisco to Los Angeles - about 380 miles. The one train on today’s Amtrak schedule takes over 9 hours.

When I first move to CA, I had to take a number of work trips to SoCal. I’d fly out of SFO or OAK to dinky airports in Burbank or Santa Ana and spend more time on the road getting to and from the airports than in the air. I didn’t mind flying SW so much, but always wished I could stay on terra firma.

Triangles are fine but prisms are fake anyone who believes in prisms is a brainwashed sheep or a government plant, one.

Unless there are leaves on the tracks

I’ve always assumed that this was just a British thing.

Ha, that’s where I learned it,riding trains from Maidstone to Victoria for a couple of years.

1 Like

I was on that SF to LA train once. And, a measly 4.5 magnitude earthquake happened as the train was going it’s leisurely 45mph. Never again.

I mean, just affix a brush in front of the wheels…right?

1 Like

Sorry about that, all the brushes and rakes and whatnot are in use throughout the country in forest fire prevention activities. You’re just going to have to get used to delays on British Rail.

Make America Rake Again.

1 Like

Prevents forest fires, right?

Prove us wrong.

1 Like